blown 427W ideas

Sage427

Sep 27, 2004
Hey everyone,

I thought i'd post this topic to get some feedback, ideas, and opinions.

I really like the idea of stroking a 351W to a 427 :) (though risky, I think it'd be ok :D) Although most ppl would say go with a 408 or 393. On top of that adding a supercharger with a carb'd setup (something like a Vortech or Paxton Novi 1200, really don't know :confused: )

I want it "streetable", however I would like to have awesome midrange power for slight high rev top-end performance for interstate usage. I'd like to mate it to a T56 6spd tranny with perhaps a 3.55 gear ratio.

As far as ideas, I'm leaning toward an Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap and a Lunati Voodoo 268 cam (1800-6200) but when I add a supercharger (I don't know much about superchargers) I need to know what kind of a piston head combo I need for compression. Most stroker kits i've saw use high CR though :shrug:. I think i might need something like 8.5:1 to 9.0-1. I just don't know what kind of heads I should use. what about Victor Jr.'s? What carb CFM would I need? I have an Edelbrock EPS 800 laying around.

I guess you could say my goal would be to build this block up smart and strong, and let the S/C do the work for making power with the components I use. I would like to see atleast 450RWHP (i'm being modest) :lol: lol jk

Any input would be great! thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed, that many cubes at redline is gonna want short stright intake runners, a full Victor is a good start, but the air-gap until you buy the blower.

Plan on hood clearance issues, and 450rwhp on a blown 427 is not gonna be hard at all, getting the power to the pavement might be your biggest concern.

Hey thanks for the replies! As far as hood clearance I'm going to get an aftermarket one, I'm going to actually refit everything.

I was looking at the Vic manifold, however I wasn't for sure how well they performed on the street. I've also read that strokers do not like to rev past 6k. Would I need to pick another cam?

I have the vic jr on my 349 and as far as strokers not revving,this thing wil rev to 7500.The cam was a little too big,but i put the blower belt on this past weekend and it made it a lot more driveable.It still need some jetting,but its very strong right now.

iskwezm said:
I have the vic jr on my 349 and as far as strokers not revving,this thing wil rev to 7500.The cam was a little too big,but i put the blower belt on this past weekend and it made it a lot more driveable.It still need some jetting,but its very strong right now.

That sounds like a mean setup you have going on! :nice: