BLOWN AND STROKED

Ok there yah go then (typical)
450$ is alotta money to me like I said, and to save that $$ and have the satisfaction of doing it myself is much more worth it.
I would rather assemble my motor any day of the week, and use that 450$ towards more go fast parts...this attitude has worked out pretty good for me over the years:)
Enjoy spending 450$

• Sponsors (?)

I work alot of hours and it is hard enough for me just to make time to do the rest of the work left myself becuz i dont really trust any shops. so if i have to build it myself to i would have a garage full of part for another year. it has already been sitting waitng for me to get to it for over a year.

yobi1kanobi said:
I work alot of hours and it is hard enough for me just to make time to do the rest of the work left myself becuz i dont really trust any shops. so if i have to build it myself to i would have a garage full of part for another year. it has already been sitting waitng for me to get to it for over a year.
AMEN!

To each their own...I work 50+hrs a week..so I know the feeling, yet i sacrafice and get 2-3hrs of sleep alotta nights to work on my car. Thats just me though.
If I know I'm capable of assembling a motor (correctly) than I will do it no matter what lengths I have to go to (u said u know how)
Being lazy=having to spend extra $$ for someone to do YOUR work

But enuff of this..enjoy the new motor, should be a monster!

Pride...thats my thing
I hope no one is taking anything personally..these are just my thought/opinions..nuthin more
It just feels that much better to have the satisfaction that I did it all.

:lmao:

I am in the same boat as you Eades..... can't really afford anyone to put mine together........ they will be doing the machine work....just b/c someone gets paid to do a certain thing all day doesn't mean anything, i get paid to do my job, yet sometimes i still get sloppy... or don't do what i should...

jason

I dont have the cash to waste on doing something wrong. If you know what the hell your are doing, then fine, but most dont...including shops. Too much goes into building a shortblock for me to try and fawk it up.

I personally think the whole basis of the 347 "is bad" theory comes from shortblocks that were not built right. I'll let someone assemble the block...i'll finish the rest :nice:

if you work 50+ hours a week a you cant afford to pay some one to build your short block then you need a new job. But as for me I build everything myself and I rather not build the block for 450 bucks my time is more valuable to me and my family than that. One thing is having a project the other is being a slave to the car. And I for your information was a professional mech for many years so its not about the know how becuz i have the tools and know how to do it. But why waste my time and if something doesnt fit right i have to go back to the machine shop and waste more time..And that is why you go to a reputable machine shop so they do it right the first time.

You know what this isnt a cheap sport if you dont have the cash to play dont stay.....

Yup your right..haha
I need a new job, and I know nothing of this "sport"
I'm sure any "professional mechanic" wouldnt put their own car together..but pay someone else to do it BWAWAHAHA
I run this mutha...

For the record (since u wanna try and talk big) my job is protecting lil mangina's like yourself (USAF) I put my life on the line for my country..and no the pay isnt all that great and yes the hours are long but its rewarding. It has taught me to wrk for what I have..LEARN to do my own work..and NEVER pay someone to do work that I know how to do. So either your just rollin in the dough..mommy n daddy are hookin you up...or are just plain stupid.
My gatherings from your superior mustang knowledge you have dropped on all us stangnetters..lmao

And yes it took my broke a s s 5-6 years to get all that junk in my combo..couldnt go out and just buy it all at once and pay to have it built and likely installed like Richie Rich here.

Damn now I do feel bad for you..ha Marine...bummer dude

Quit bickering and go build the car or have someone build the car I like laughin at Powerdyne dyno #s so post back with your results, I'm sure you will have many more questions to post very soon.

Flyboy...out