BLOWN UP. AGAIN!!. *2 vids*

• Sponsors (?)

What head gaskets do you run? Did you tune the car or slap the blower on and start abusing it up and down the street? Seen a lot of people bolt stuff on, beat the piss out of a car and then wonder why it blow up on them!

Sucks about the motor, good thing they are pretty cheap to find used!

Some people just need to stay away from power adders. Half ass it on the car, no tune and probably lacking a **** load of other things to support it and don't' be suprised when something goes wrong. Looked fun while it lasted

Tune, tune, tune!

There's no way I'd put anything but regular ole head gaskets on that car until I was sure that the tune was good. A set of cometics or MLS gaskets would have cost a hell of a lot more in engine parts than just a gasket.

My guess... Fuel jets are too small for the blower.

ram360 said:
Some people just need to stay away from power adders. Half ass it on the car, no tune and probably lacking a **** load of other things to support it and don't' be suprised when something goes wrong. Looked fun while it lasted
What the hell are you doing here?

I now how you feel, last season I blew 3 sets of head gaskets 2 sets of 9333-pt1's and 1 set of 1011-1's and my car was tuned on the dyno with sct software.This year Iused cometic head gaskets and switched tuners and no problems at all (knock on wood). I think you should check your block, get the heads resurfaced, use arp head studs (do not reuse them if you have them already), new head dowels, cometic head gaskets,torque to 85 ft lbs(use the correct arp assy. lube),AND GET IT TUNED ON THE DYNO it is so important to get the tune right on a forced induction car.

Daggar said:
Tune, tune, tune!

There's no way I'd put anything but regular ole head gaskets on that car until I was sure that the tune was good. A set of cometics or MLS gaskets would have cost a hell of a lot more in engine parts than just a gasket.

sounds about right, you can hear it braking up about halfway thru the pull. i couldnt hear it in the car tho.

no a/f guage

just the gaskets blew.

i uploaded both videos to streetfire but i cant find them, when i do ill post em up.

Daggar said:
Tune, tune, tune!

agreed, you go and put a cometic on, next time it wants to blow, your going to have windows in your block instead of a blown head gasket.

Foloish to think you can just slap parts on and go.....nonetheless go and beat on it. When you do a mod you need to research (if you dont know) what else you will need to make the mod perform properly and SAFE so you dont end up with a pile of scrap metal.

i think hes heard enough of everyones preaching to him about tuning.. you live and learn.. thats all there is to it.. so cut em a break.. as far as the blower goes.. i'd just stick another head gasket on it.. and just keep trying.. unless you've givin up.. :shrug: get a a/f gauge!

i lasted 200+ passes, on stock old gaskets, w/ no tune, with my blower, just tuned it myself, with timing, and fuel,
if you dont have a REAL tune, you must run a low BT, and keep it fat, just a slight amount of detonation, will blow, factory gaskets. only run a msl gasket, if u have a tune.
and u must resurface your heads, once you blow a hg, its not worth it to put it back together, and have a small leak.