BLOWN UP. AGAIN!!. *2 vids*

• Sponsors (?)

Flavadave4 said:
Foloish to think you can just slap parts on and go.....nonetheless go and beat on it. When you do a mod you need to research (if you dont know) what else you will need to make the mod perform properly and SAFE so you dont end up with a pile of scrap metal.

Well said. :nice:

i think everybody is forgetting this isnt as easy as just giving to somebody for a "tune" .A blow through set up is a pain in the ass to get right. Ive had mine for the past year and still not running the way it should.I dont run speacial gaskets, just normal Fel Pro's.

What was the stock compression before the blower???Whats jets are in the primaries and secondaries????

iskwezm said:
i think everybody is forgetting this isnt as easy as just giving to somebody for a "tune" .A blow through set up is a pain in the ass to get right. Ive had mine for the past year and still not running the way it should.I dont run speacial gaskets, just normal Fel Pro's.

What was the stock compression before the blower???Whats jets are in the primaries and secondaries????

you have a point, its not easy. But have you gone out and beat on your car and blown it up. NO........My point is that you should make it work before you beat the piss out of it.

im not stupid, i know how to tune a carb. i was running much lower than stock base timing and was running much higher than needed octane gas. i was slowly creeping up on the timing and checking the plugs after a nice run, everything seemed fine, it was running rich.

that video was the first time ive taken it past 5K rpm. only the paeenger side head blew the gasket.
its my guess that my heads arnt very straight. beeing that i bought them used off ebay and have put many nitrous passes on them with some (not a lot) overheating.

and as for go get a "tune", im not rich, im a college student with a part time job at a pizza place. i dont have the spare cash to have it put on a dyno and pay someone else to tinker with my car.

Which is one reason why i decided to sell the blower and just go with a stout H/C/I combo for now. being that i have stock heads, ill probably be making about the same HP with some AFRs or ported edelborcks that i was making with the blower. i just wont have that nice "WHEEEEEE" anymore.

iskwezm said:

this isnt a blow thru, but still.

compression was at 9.2:1 with the shaved heads. dont know what jets are in the carb, but they have to be kinda big for as rich as it was running.

woodyy24 said:
this isnt a blow thru, but still.

compression was at 9.2:1 with the shaved heads. dont know what jets are in the carb, but they have to be kinda big for as rich as it was running.
you had the full enclosure on the carb???? What kit was it???My jets I run about +5% on the front and +10% on the rear with a boost referenced regulator.

iskwezm said:
you had the full enclosure on the carb???? What kit was it???My jets I run about +5% on the front and +10% on the rear with a boost referenced regulator.

no no, its not a blow thru. the carb sits on top the blower.

000_1461.jpg

Attachments

• 000_1461.jpg
    000_1461.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 37
iskwezm said:
OPh man sorry, i ssume everybody has a blow through when they say carb. So how old is the blower??Is it the 174 or the 144???What kind of carb????? I have a buddy that might be interested
no idea how old it is. but i put all new bearings in it and have only put a MAX of 50 miles on it. the carb is a barry grant 750 demon. its an older B&M 144
edit: ive even got the adapter and pulley to put it on an older mustang like yours with a v-belt

woodyy24 said:
no no, its not a blow thru. the carb sits on top the blower.

000_1461.jpg

woody, that gauge bezel hanging on the wall.

would you be interested in selling it? mines cracked and im looking for a new one?

pm me if so.

Attachments

• 000_1461.jpg
    000_1461.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 30
ryan218 said:
woody, that gauge bezel hanging on the wall.

would you be interested in selling it? mines cracked and im looking for a new one?

pm me if so.

lol, your like the 3rd person thats asked me about that.
im keeping it, my current one has 3 holes in it from my nitrous switches and purge.

woodyy24 said:

Bad-Ass! I hope you don't give up Woody. That's a damned nice combo sitting there.

The boost referenced fuel regulator is a great idea by the way. Of course, none of it means much unless you can find a way to look at your AFR or at the very least, EGT. You got any buddies that have a wideband you can borrow or something?

Attachments

• 000_1461.jpg
    000_1461.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 36