BLOWN UP. AGAIN!!. *2 vids*

• Sponsors (?)

well tore it apart today (only took me 2 hours,dam im gettin quick at this:rlaugh:) the #4 cylinder is the only one to go, and the 4 nuts around that cylinder were loose, well not LOOSE i still had to put a prybar on the end of a 3/4'' rachet to get em loose. but they were easier to break loose than the others.

000_1485.jpg

000_1492.jpg

000_1491.jpg

000_1490.jpg

000_1487.jpg

000_1486.jpg

and my copper gasket failure.waste of $100:nonono:
000_1488.jpg

Attachments

• 000_1485.jpg
    000_1485.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 000_1492.jpg
    000_1492.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 000_1491.jpg
    000_1491.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 000_1490.jpg
    000_1490.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 000_1487.jpg
    000_1487.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 000_1486.jpg
    000_1486.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 000_1488.jpg
    000_1488.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 26
woodyy24 said:
any idea what my problem is here?

to much compression? stock there 9.5 i believe. i think if you picked up a set of twisted wedge heads the combo would work well together.

twisted wedge heads i think the compression is 8.5 then.

just my 2 cents

or if you don't have money for new heads... take your old heads to a machine shop and have them mill .005 of of the bottom. also check the surface of your block while the heads are off.

woodyy24 said:
1750, but i put about $200 in bearings into it. not to mention the numerous head/intake gaskets. so i lost about $400 on the whole ordeal.

o well at least you didnt REALLy mess the engine up while you had it.

so is all your buying with the money some worked heads?

ryan218 said:
o well at least you didnt REALLy mess the engine up while you had it.

so is all your buying with the money some worked heads?

probably some stud mount roller rockers. besides that, maybe some tires or t-top seals, or new fog lights, or another nitrous kit, or a different intake.
which leads to another question, would the performer RPM intake be enough for ported twisted wedge heads?

woodyy24 said:
probably some stud mount roller rockers. besides that, maybe some tires or t-top seals, or new fog lights, or another nitrous kit, or a different intake.
which leads to another question, would the performer RPM intake be enough for ported twisted wedge heads?

what carb you going to be running? and i belive a performer rpm intake would be plenty.

ryan218 said:
what carb you going to be running? and i belive a performer rpm intake would be plenty.

What gives you that idea? Previous experience?

I'm running a weiand stealth which is basically on par with your intake so you will be fine. Even though I dont have a set of alums yet, I built the motor to support it because I will by next year.

Dean85GT said:
What gives you that idea? Previous experience?

I'm guessing he can read as well as you can. Have you also run the specific intake asked about above?

At any rate... another member of this forum recently earned a 30 day vacation for this kind of banter in the forum. :nono:

I actually do have two seperate experiences with this intake manifold. Two of my buddies run them on their EFI converted cars. One has upgraded to AFR heads but on stock E7s we put on(86 GT) he got his car down to a 13.13. The other one has a heavier 89GT which could only muster up a best of 13.6. I chose my intake for comparison sake and I have gotten my car to run a best of 13.4 and my car is almost identicle to my friends 86. The intakes have the same RPM range and capabilities. So yes, I have some experience with these.

My brother's half sister-in-law's 2nd cousin's x fiance's 3rd nephew on his father's side had one too! :D

The point is that he may have had some dealings with that intake as well. Who are you to say?

I dunno man its the past experience with the posts. It makes me nervous. I know I shouldnt pull him aside and criticize him but sometimes I cant help it.

But seriously, I have experience with this intake...and its a decent piece. It makes power at reasonable Rpms and it is very streetable.

Not questioning your experience bro...

If you see something that is posted incorrectly then I would EXPECT a correction. A tactful one. Ball busting just for the sake of doing though... no good. That stuff doesn't help the original poster learn anything. Let's try and be contructive... if offense is taken to being contructive or pointing out a mistake... hit me up in a PM.

--Daggs