Blown up new edge gt, Question

lancec2c30

May 14, 2008
Washington
I've been eyeing a 2002 gt on craigslist. It's navy blue, has black leather interior. 88k and a clean title. He says it has a spun rod bearing, the car appears to be fairly clean. I just don't know what its really worth.
He says he is firm at $2700, but I could probably talk him down to at least $2500 in person.

What do you guys think? All inputs appreciated.

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

If its really clean and hasn't been sitting for to long 2500 wouldn't be to bad to pay. Hell you could actually pull the engine and have the low end build with a cast crank, forged rods and pistons for roughly another 2gs doing the work yourself of course. I say go for it.

Go and see it. If it still drives, check the trans and diff, suspension, steering and brakes with a short test drive. Check the body for evidence of accident repairs etc.

PI engines are a dime a dozen and can be had for a grand or less. If you're happy with the rest of the car and have the skills/space/tools to do an engine swap I say go for it.

The guy said it still runs and drives. Has been sitting a little over a month. I'd be doing all the work.

I don't think the car is a 10/10 exterior wise. Has some paint flake on the front lip, etc. That I know of. If the it wasn't 3 hours away I'd just run out and look at.