Blue centers?

Turbo II

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2000
Alberta, Canada
Insomnia struck last night so I was watching Charlies Angels at 3:00AM. Lot's of great footage of the '76 Cobra. :nice: One thing I noticed it had the all polished lacy spokes with blue "snake" center emblems. I've only seen one pitted one on Ebay ever and was wondering were these only on '76s? Every other cobra center I've seen was the black ones.

Just curious..always could use some more "II trivia" :)

BTW: Anyone ever get a good look (picture or episode) showing Jacylyn Smith's Ghia? I've only seen it parked in front..swear it's the same color as mine :)

• Sponsors (?)

The lacy spoke wheels didn't come out until 77. But I've seen some pics of that car with a spoked "western" style rim, like the General Lee rims, but more spokes and thinner. I bought the entire first season of CA on DVD to try to get a better look at that car since it was the same as my 76. I watched the entire first DVD and didn't see one pic of the Cobra yet so I got discourgaged and haven't watched the other 5 discs.

Ahh yes...not a first season episode I was watching. Farrah was gone, it was Cheryl Ladd driving the (a) Cobra. They were definitely the lacy spokes, now I'm wondering if they didn't use this car much? The episode I watched they were trying to catch a guy who was ripping off ATMs.

77_cobraii_ttop.jpg

....apparently this one is a 77, and has the blue snake centers.

Attachments

• 77_cobraii_ttop.jpg
    77_cobraii_ttop.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 94