Blue Oval Industries Concern

I don't know how familiar anyone who purchases aftermarket mustang parts are with Blue Oval Industries, but I made one purchase and it will be my absolute last. I bought a set of smoked headlights and fog lights from them back in June and I was initially very impressed with what I got. Over about the period of a month, the seals started leaking and the headlights would fog up. This lead to them molding and turning the complete inside of my passenger headlight brown. The outter rubber trim on my marker light peeled off also. I called them and it just happened to be the day after my warranty expired to take them up on the problems. They told me there was nothing they could do, even though it was only 1 day out of warranty. They documented I called and I told them I would call back. So today I called them back and spoke with the same woman I talked to before, who again, told me sorry theres nothing they can do. I asked to speak with the manager and all he would do was sell me another set of headlights. I told them this wasn't legitimate and that their product was defective and obviously mold didnt grow in the headlight over night, that they were damaged BEFORE the warranty was up. He made a second offer: I could mail him all of the headlights and fog lights back for a 60 dollar credit, and that I could take that $60 and buy headlights from someone else. Personally, I won't do business with them again, and this is just a fore warning to anyone else who's considered buying their stuff........good luck and I hope you don't have problems. I 100% understand that I called ONE DAY after my warranty and I think that a manager who truely cared about his business would have made a better offer than to buy another set or essentially take my credit and shove it. Any input....please leave it.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds more like a product problem than it does a customer service problem.

Also sounds like you knew they were screwed up for a period of time before you called.
Not to say it's your fault, but if you called sooner, obviously this wouldn't be an issue.

This is also why i tell people to only use real ford headlights.

I'd be concerned with any product that is non mechanical that only has a 30 day warranty.

It sucks, but YOU knew you had a problem before your warranty ran out... So you should have called when you noticed. Warranties are warranties... 1 day or 1 year... most of the time the warranty is not through them, but through the manufacturer, and they will not uphold an out of date warranty and eat the product and costs of a new set when they legitimently have no liability to do so. Sucks, but you should have called 24 hours before.

2000xp8 said:
Sounds more like a product problem than it does a customer service problem.

Also sounds like you knew they were screwed up for a period of time before you called.
Not to say it's your fault, but if you called sooner, obviously this wouldn't be an issue.

This is also why i tell people to only use real ford headlights.

I'd be concerned with any product that is non mechanical that only has a 30 day warranty.

:jaw: :lol:

They are selling aftermarket parts.

I could see having an issue with them if they were actually manufacturing the parts but they arent. They are just reselling them to make a buck and I'm sure their markup isnt much on the parts.

I understand why you arent happy but I do happen to agree with their decision.

It seems the best course of action may be to actually contact the manufacturer of the parts to relay your concerns.

i agree, i think that your at fault on this one. yes, a product failling in 60 days definitely blows. but admit it. your pissed at yourself for being a damn day late on doing something about this issue. if this company jus goodwilled every single customer that had a problem and was out of warranty theyd be out of business. when it comes to things like headlights, tailights etc. stick with the ford stuff.

John from blue oval has been probably the most courteous, freindly, effecient sales rep/owner I have had the pleasure of doing business with. You neglected to report the problem within a reasonable time frame and expect the distributor to correct 'your' lack of response to a problem with a set time table. Warranty is stated...you did not respond with the limits and he (as stated by you) offered to take a loss of 60 dollars to assist you with your issue. Honestly I think he was more than reasonable...for all he knows the light set sat in a flooded basement for a period causing the issue. However if you had called prior to the date I KNOW the issue would have been resolved without question..you have responsibilities as the customer (though to a lesser degree) as does he as the seller. I recommend Blue oval without hesitation and frown on guys like you who expect more than is deserved...blame falls squarely on your shoulders.

i purchased lights from them and my passenger side wouldnt seal for crap! i had to silicone it a couple times because i couldnt find the leak that was allowing water in! but i have bought other items and had no problems.

Join the club, I understand your anger but Blue oval isnt to blame. I bought smoked headlights for my 94 and they leaked and started fogging up and the side marker on my drivers side turned brown/yellow. Its the "cheap" lights (I paid ****ing 300 bucks for them)

I also bought aftermarket ones for my 86 and they're great and clear, but lo and behold the drivers headlight has condensation in it. I don't care because they were only 140 bucks and as long as they dont get gross and yellow like the orignal ones thats fine.

All lights that aren't ford are cheap bottom line. I have yet to see any that dont eventually look like ****. It took just under three months for my 86's light to start leaking, and the $300 ones for my 94 did it in like 4 weeks.

I would join you in taking this up with the company that makes the lights, let us know if you want to go after them, but in this case its not Blue oval.

spiff said:
Join the club, I understand your anger but Blue oval isnt to blame. I bought smoked headlights for my 94 and they leaked and started fogging up and the side marker on my drivers side turned brown/yellow. Its the "cheap" lights (I paid ****ing 300 bucks for them)

I also bought aftermarket ones for my 86 and they're great and clear, but lo and behold the drivers headlight has condensation in it. I don't care because they were only 140 bucks and as long as they dont get gross and yellow like the orignal ones thats fine.

All lights that aren't ford are cheap bottom line. I have yet to see any that dont eventually look like ****. It took just under three months for my 86's light to start leaking, and the $300 ones for my 94 did it in like 4 weeks.

I would join you in taking this up with the company that makes the lights, let us know if you want to go after them, but in this case its not Blue oval.
140 for head lights for an 86 they are like 40 dollars at advanced and thats for all 4

I've made several purchases from BOI and have had nothing but good experiences. I purchased a set of smoked fogs for the 96 Cobra and installed them 3 months after receiving them. One of the lenses popped off the first time I drove it and they replaced it without hesitation, even though I was well out of their warranty period. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

PHP:
wythors said:
I've made several purchases from BOI and have had nothing but good experiences. I purchased a set of smoked fogs for the 96 Cobra and installed them 3 months after receiving them. One of the lenses popped off the first time I drove it and they replaced it without hesitation, even though I was well out of their warranty period. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

So they were willing to replace your lense even though your warranty was expired but I got the run around? I do 100% again fully understand that I called a day late, and obviously fell "a dollar short." However, his attitude on the phone toward me was somewhat rude because I had asked to speak to him personally instead of taking the word from the girl who was on the phone. I figured if I had talked to him personally, it might have mattered a little more, I guess not. I paid $205 for the headlights and fog lights and another $35 for shipping and because I'm not around much and my time is well used, calling about the rubber coming off first wasnt on my priority list. When the mold started growing, it became a bigger issue because I could have simply glued the molding back down. Obviously the leak has totally destroyed the inside of the headlight due to the mold. If your car wont be on the streets til January, I wouldn't risk the car getting wet or being in humid conditions.

heres the pics of the sn95 u wanted posted...

P1010083.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Attachments

• P1010083.jpg
    P1010083.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 82
  • P1010031.jpg
    P1010031.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 70