Body Kits & suggestions.

Prowler

May 31, 2003
MT
Hey
I won a Xenon rear bumper lip off eBay for cheap, so I need to find a good front bumper/lip before I get everything installed and painted.
So can every post pictures of their favorite or their own front bumper body kits?
I've found I like the Kaminari bumper but it's very spendy. I'd like to keep it under $200, which is why I'm looking at the Wings West lip or the Xenon lip. I've noticed all the Erubini kits are fugly.

Kaminari:

17.jpg

Wings West:

40.jpg

Xenon:

558.jpg

558a.jpg

I like the stock side skirts, so I'll keep them.

Thanks for the help :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I would put the back lip back on ebay and don't think about it. In my opinion those xenon bodykit's look like crap. Just piling on more plastic doesn't look good. Changing in a tastfull way does. Just my opinion but i'm sure some people agree.

ChromeYellow94 said:
........ In my opinion those xenon bodykit's look like crap. .Just piling on more plastic doesn't look good

I can understand if you dont want one, like them, or dont want to just "pile on more plastic".

But can you HONESTLY look at this and Killer's car and say...
39207694StangRa.jpg

"...LOOKS LIKE CRAP

Prowler..It's your call, but I dont think you should mix and match bumpers.

I actually like the front part of the Xenon the most.. Doesnt have that big drop down in the center like the ricer kits or that Kaminari one you posted. That one has "rice" written all over it :notnice:

Good luck
RC

viperos said:
I still say the only good body kit is the Saleen, but yes, RC, your car does look damn nice :D

AGREED..(with BOTH parts :lol: )

I wanted the Saleen, but it was just so damn much money, and I was paying for a paint job at the time, and had not even BEGUN my performance mods yet.!!

Str8stang has the Saleen with the rims, and it looks :nice:
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
I can understand if you dont want one, like them, or dont want to just "pile on more plastic".

But can you HONESTLY look at this and Killer's car and say...
39207694StangRa.jpg

"...LOOKS LIKE CRAP

Prowler..It's your call, but I dont think you should mix and match bumpers.

I actually like the front part of the Xenon the most.. Doesnt have that big drop down in the center like the ricer kits or that Kaminari one you posted. That one has "rice" written all over it :notnice:

Good luck
RC

I do think your car looks nice but It does depend on the angle. The Xenon bodykit has a bubble butt back bumper. Look at the lines....Does it even flow with anything....And the side skirts... :nonono: I the case of add-on bodykits go I think they look different and nothing more. Cervini's and Saleen are the only decent looking bodykit's.

I Think that bodykits should be clean enough and that the lines should follow the car so It looks as if It could be Stock. That to me is a good bodykit.

RC...Don't you think that your car would look just as good if It had the lights,springs and the chrome wheels?

As far as killers is concerned.....It is his car and If he likes it that's all that matters but..IMHO..It's not lowered...The wheels aren't to my liking and the roll bar isn't my favorite part. To each his own. That car is freaking fast and like he said...The car that set the Bar :nice:

ChromeYellow94 said:
I

I Think that bodykits should be clean enough and that the lines should follow the car so It looks as if It could be Stock. That to me is a good bodykit.

REPLY:...The body shop said they could make it look that way, but it would be more money and prone to more damage in a wreck

RC...Don't you think that your car would look just as good if It had the lights,springs and the chrome wheels?

REPLY:...I still think it would look good, but not too different. The next time I paint my car, I may just take the kit off to help fund the paint job..What I like about the back tho, is that it has the cut outs that allow for nicer tips to be used.

As far as killers is concerned. That car is freaking fast and like he said...The car that set the Bar :nice:

WERD!!

RC

matching paint is no problem at all, just get the paint code...

-the paint itself is hella expensive... 1 pint of my Vibrant Red was over $100, and that's through my uncle!! then there is the clear coats, and labor... I had my dad show me how, and I painted my door jams for under $20 (this was black though, and on my taurus)... I'm going to paint the mirrors on my stang soon, but I expect it will take 3 days to finish... should look really nice though.

-oh, sorry, I'd say $1000 to paint the kit & wing... all said and done... I'm sure you could just goto one of the guys w/ a 24 pack and offer him like $600 on the side...

redsvtcontour said:
how much would a paintshop charge to paint a bodykit/hood/wing? would it be hard to match paint?
My car was $1700, and that included painting the body stuff. It did NOT include mounting tho, which was about another $400.

When I repaint the car, I will add a nice hood and probably remove the kit.

RC

they paint body kits and such at my work, and someone told me that they would do it on the side, but i just want it done right the first time.

i dont even have my mustang yet and im already thinking mods and such :lol:

I agree with 94GTLaserRC. i dont think it looks like crap. I had my car with the Xenon gfx and a set of 2 inch lowering springs. i looked cool but when it cam down to having to work on the car, it was not worth it. so i removed the springs. i had the whole car repainted and i drove around with out the body kit because it got painted last and i hated how it looked. it looked so plain and boring. when i put the body kit back on it looked awesome combined with the hood. the only thing i hate about the xenon body kit was having to put it on. thats about it. i love how the rear add on looks with my 3.5 inch chrome tips.

dan95_5.jpg

dan95_7.jpg

dan95_6.jpg

I'm getting rims so no comments please :p

everyone has there own opinions but i love my xenon.