Body shop rant

• Sponsors (?)

Thank god the previous owner never bothered to put my front license plate on, finally got lucky. I havent had one on my past 3 cars here in cali and never had trouble for it at all. Definitely go to the BBB, hell ill do it for you if you arent going to :rolleyes:

OK, for some reason this made ME mad .. lol wtf ... OK, first off, you said that he wrote what you 'wanted' on the work order right? Well, there is surely a copy of the work order. He didn't do what you asked and THEN wants to charge you more to do it over. But what further irritates me is that you said that he told you that he HAS to drill the holes ... But yet, he's willing to accept more money from you to break the law and "fix" it? Man, what a ****er.

:)

I'm on the bad day tip, too.

Even if he was supposed to put the front plate back on, who drilled the plate INTO the bumper. I don't see how a body shop could look at a Cobra bumper on your car and not say "Hmm, isn't there supposed to be a bracket to mount the plate on the right way?? Eh, i'll just zip screw it to this nice new bumper i just installed"

Common sense would say they would use a bracket anyway.

The one think i hate about my GTs front bumper is the plate cutout. The dealership mounted a plate, but i just plugged it using the small plugs

I didn't know Jersey needed front plates. I bought my car from Jersey last spring with 94k on it and it still never had the holes drilled for the plate.

I would find someway to pay that guy back for his crappy work. Obviously he didn't need to drill to mount it and if it's written on the work order, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

you had a written agreement (a contract) and he did not abide by that, I say it should be repaired to the agreed state for no charge, legal or not.

I had my windows tinted, all I did was sign a form saying I knew that that performed work was illegal and the glass shop would take no responsibility for anything.
They were fine with doing the work, and I was fine with signing the form.

I think I would talk to them again very calmly and ask for it to be repaired as per the work order. Then go above that person, to their boss and explain it to him and show him what was agreed to on paper.

Didn't read all the replies but I co-own a bodyshop with my Dad in Missouri (which does require a front plate) and we are not required by law to mount a front plate to a bumper. We always leave it up to the customer. I would make them fix it. Period.

We have had to re-do paint jobs before and you just have to eat the loss. Quality is priority number one! Just an FYI most of the re-do's (which are done before the customer sees it, not try to pass it off and see if they notice) are silver. You can paint a car with silver (any kind) and have some left over. You can repaint another panel 2 months later with the same paint and it won't match sometimes...I wish I would start refusing to paint Silver cars...haha

I'm going to contact my lawyer today (my mom is a legal secretary and i'm good friends with him).

Here are some shots of the ghetto plugs i made yesterday

plugs2.jpg

plugs.jpg

^^ no the holes aren't uncentered, I'm a dumbass and didn't stand in front of the car right :p