Body work (pretty serious) in Raleigh area

Gellpak

Nov 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Got into a wreck in my '66 coupe two months ago and have lost faith in the body shop I was going to have do the work (Foster's Auto Body)... so I need to find a good reputable shop that can handle a car like this. They'll have to do frame straightening and plenty of body work... Here are photos of the wreck to give an idea. http://www.gellpak.com/images/wreck/

Anyone know of a good place that can handle this kind of thing?

• Sponsors (?)

I got rear ended HARD in my 2002, had the rear end completely refabricated by kenny hawkins automotive. they are selective on their customers they take, so stop in and talk to them and see if they will take it. kinda elitist, but their work is flawless. they typically work on vipers, NSXs, Merc AMGs, and M series BMWs.... BUT they do take on other cars for longer clients, and DD cars of their clients.

I lucked out and had the first RSX they had seen wrecked and decided to check it out, and from there i was in. However, some times they are slow and take anyone just to keep busy... Good people all in all, give them a shot, they are very talented... and even after my 13k in damage i have not had a singgle problem in over 50k miles.

they are behind the fairgrounds, take 440 to hillsboro street, go west twards cary. where it splits just past that lil mazda dealer take that right split at the light and citgo station (chapel hill road), and then a left on Germantown road, they are on the right hand side... look for the viper or NSX parked out front.

Torinalth

Torinalth

kenny hawkins is definetly the place to go. im good friends with the owners son. ive seen lots of cars that they do, and are in the middle of doing. totally top notch establishment. that viper out front is BAD ASS. and so is the porsche if they have it out there. its a road race porsche that my friend races sometimes. good luck man