Body work question...

PSUPef2k

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Bel Air, MD
Ok, so my car has become a target lately. It got keyed twice a month ago, and I got rear ended last week also, so I have a ton of body work that needs to be done. Bumper is cracked and being replaced alltogether, but the guy that hit me is paying for that. However, my hood, front bumper, passenger door all got keyed pretty bad, so they need to be repainted as well. Ive decided to tell the shop not to replace the mustang stripe on the passenger side to save money. The thing is, my driver side is not being repainted, so I was thinking of just taking that sticker off rather then have the other one replaced to save some money. Not to mention I was kinda thinking of taking them off anyway. Regardless, how easy are they to get off on my own? Has anyone removed them before? I was told by a friend that they'll peel right off, and if they don't use of a heat gun would make it an easy removal. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance. I'll post pics of the damage and fixed results once I get them.

-Rob

• Sponsors (?)