bodykit coming off

mwood

May 9, 2008
Getting a little excited. Have rockers and quarters in the garauge waiting. Meet with the bodyman last night. Coupe will be going to the shop in the next two or three weeks. I've done alot of work on this car from full drivetrain, fuel, cooling, suspention, but this one I've been waiting for.

• Sponsors (?)

Bought the car before I knew anything about cars. A rusty coupe with a saleen body kit covering bad rust, cut springs to make it a low rider, painted ten holes, and so on. Looking for someone to tell me about the car I meet someone who helped me alot. I've learned alot working on this car. The brake system is about the only thing left untouched. First was new springs and frame connectors. Then the car was converted from an auto to a tko 500 manual. A 408w followed with aluminum radiator, qa1 k member, bbk longtube headers, sumped tank, BG fuel system, and so on. Then I replaced the starter with a 93 mini. I recently replaced the rear control arms with SVE weight jacker lowers, boxed in stock uppers with new oem bushings, and torque box reinforcements. But the bodywork I've really been looking forward to. I temporarily put a saleen wing on to help the current look, but with this the wing and body kit will come off. The only thing to stay will be the front air dam.

Pics will come once progress is made. Work won't start for weeks and will take at least a couple weeks.

Can't remember the rockers. Think rustrepair.com. The quarters came from tabco. Both sides for $300 to my door. The body guy liked them. Said was made from heavy steel. Picked one up from one corner to show they don't twist.

When first bought.
033.jpg

The way it currently sits.
003.jpg

body kit and wing is coming off with exception of the front air dam. Must stay for now.

My current issue is once the rear bumper bodykit piece comes off my fuel pump will be a little exposed. Does anyone have a link to a sumped tank fuel pump pic thread? I went searching and couldn't find.

It's off to the body shop this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Will take him 2-4 weeks. I'll post up pics of the rusty bodykit pos on it's way. Really looking forward to it.

Well we made it there with the checkbook, but no camera. I guess there wasn't anything to see yet anyway. Kent promised to take progress pics, plus I was going to visit on Saturdays. Dropped a grand in advance. That should get it going. Putting on new rockers, an excellent set of quarters from tabco, and a few other rust spots. He also recommended I get some por 15 and go over every square inch to really be sure to stop it all.

Nice ride! Are you using the same rear bumper cover as the before pic?

Yes, but not for much longer. Will come home with new rockers, quarters, and without the rear and side pieces. Will retain the front air dam and I'll remove the wing as soon as I can pick up a new deck lid. Watching craigslist for a deal.

Nice thread ill be sure to watch it. I like the clean look. You got alot of work ahead of you but it will be worth it in the end. I have a question about those lower control arms. How do they drive/how do you like them? Also how adjustable are they and is there anything I should know before buying them? Thanks and good luck. :)