Bodywork and Paint Progress Thread!

• Sponsors (?)

thats cool, it will take a while for the paint to dry in a garage anyway, so i dont expect many pics today. who gets the pleasure of buffing the new paint?

clear is about to go on. good thing we got the gallon, this paint has very little coverage so we are using it like crazy, we are on base coat 6 i think. its gonna look amazing, this paint has so much flake and effect

blk9450 said:
clear is about to go on. good thing we got the gallon, this paint has very little coverage so we are using it like crazy, we are on base coat 6 i think. its gonna look amazing, this paint has so much flake and effect
reds typically dont cover well. many need a ground coat to help them achieve hiding.

blk9450 said:
wow dude, my dad was like "yea you'll have so much extra cause you won't need a lotta basecoats...." famous last words:D keep up the great work dude, and update pics when you can!

sneak peek.

Attachments

• DSCN5182 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN5182 (Medium).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN5183 (Small).JPG
    DSCN5183 (Small).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 223
I've been watching this thread Mike. I think it's awesome that you're taking this on. It will be so worth it in the end.

The only thing I wondered about was that new fender. Hopefully you got the majority of the dent out before you filled it. You dont want it to heat up & pop back out after putting that filler in there. You'll have a nasty looking mess if it does.

Damn that's looking good! How close is the Redfire to Laser Red? Cuz that looks an aweful lot like my car, I wonder if that's the same paint they used on mine...Hmmm.....I want to see some pics in the sun tomorrow! :D

MysteryMachine said:
and did you get anything out of AAA for ****ing up your car? I would have went after their asses
i argued it for weeks, and they wouldn't give me a cent because i didn't document and report this immediately after the towing...i couldn't see the damage because it was ****in 2am in the dark!!!

Low5.0- I haven't seen the car in person yet, but the Jay told me that the redfire is very close to the same color as my laser red door jambs, so im very happy...im going at 10 tomorrow morning to finished re-assembling it, and take my baby home!!!!!