Bolt cobra caliper to a GT car, without a bracket?

JohnyD05

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Massachusetts
ok i am looking at putting the cobra brakes in thefront of my car. I am gonna buy the rotors, calipers, lines and bajob bolts, do i need to get a bracket to get the cobra rotor to fit on the car? why do most of the kits have a bracket and some don't?
the reason i am piecing it togather is, i can get the rotors and calipers really cheap at advance or autozone, and then i can get the banjo bolts and lines online relativly cheap. The whole thing would be alot less than the 400 everyone seems to want for the kit upgrade. If i do need a bracket, does anyone where i can get them?

Rotors ~ 50 each at advance
autozone
pads are about 80 bucks for EBS green stuff
remanufactured caliper ~45 each
and new lines with banjo bolts.

• Sponsors (?)

To my knowledge you need the bracket. the reason for this is because of the larger rotor size of the cobra. if your looking for cheap parts check out your local salvage yard. I did the same as your planning and picked up brackets for under 20 dollars.

The GT bracket and the Cobra bracket are completly different, the way the caliper goes onto the bracket is wayyyy different. I doubt remanufactured calipers will come with the brackets. I bought my calipers used and the guy tossed in the brackets, you will definitly need them.