Bone stock goes 13.25 @ 102.85

I guess if the Auto can run 13.2's then the Stick should be close to run 12's. Seems kinda far fetched seeing that most stock LS1's aren't running that good and they have plenty more grunt than the 3V. That thing must be running 1.7-1.8 60's on street tires to see those kinda times with that kinda MPH. Oh well, until I see a video of it then I'm not going to believe it. It might be rated as having more power, but I think weighing more and running on 235's ain't going to cut you low 13's.

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

02 blk GT said:
I guess if the Auto can run 13.2's then the Stick should be close to run 12's

What makes you say that? It seems, at least from a couple of data points, that the auto may be running better 1/4's than the manual. It could be that the gear ratios are better spaced in the auto. All I know is that the 2 outstanding numbers we've seen (this one, and Motor Trend's) have been automatics.

To assume that a manual is going to beat an auto is to make a false assumption... they run different rear end ratios, different transmission ratios, and the auto gets some torque multiplication from the torque converter.

Yes, typically manuals run faster, but it's not always the case, even with stock/factory vehicles.

From what I've seen so far the first 3 gears are tight on these 5 speed auto's but they drop off in 4th. A vast improvement over the 4 speed auto, only time wil tell in the 1/4 but the 1/8 would be hard to beat with a manual.

We need to keep in mind these cars are 5 speed autos and the gearing is closer than a 4 speed. The Fbodies auto ran very good compare to the manual so the gap would be very close depending on the skill of the driver.

wait until MM&FF gets a chance to drag the 05. Then we'll see what this beast can do. Don't forget, this 5 speed auto performs much better than the 4 speed that was on the sn95. An average driver will get much better times with the auto than a manual on the 05 stang. This was not the case in previous years.

Thats really cool for all you auto drivers but there is nothing comparable to being able to control when your car shifts into that next gear and at what rpm. Most professional drivers/racers will choose Manual over Auto simply for the control factor alone not to mention the increased hp.

Stang2k5 said:
Thats really cool for all you auto drivers but there is nothing comparable to being able to control when your car shifts into that next gear and at what rpm.

Now this is totally opinionated. Have you drove a car with a full manual valve body/ratchet shifter? Preferrably a mildly modified car. I think you will find being able to control the shifts MORE accurate. I won't own anything but a manual for street use (fun) but if you got drag racing in mind (whether a 9 or 13 sec. car) well...with a stick you'll be controlling the rpms the best *you* can.

Stang2k5 said:
Most professional drivers/racers will choose Manual over Auto simply for the control factor alone not to mention the increased hp.

Professional racers? It's been said before and I'll say it again... Automatics don't chase hp numbers on a dyno, they chase cars at the track.

I raced an automatic 98' Firebird at Rockingham Dragway and during the 2001 season, I won 1st place in Open Comp Limited Street at the Holcomb Motorsports Fast Fords in the Fall event (a big 5.0 event). All but only one person in the final 8 had a stick.

On the street, I set the rpm pill on the monster tach for 6000 and as soon as the light beams I'de bump the lever up and as soon as you could hear the "click" the car lunged forward. Right when it clicks it's chirping tires(same time). At the track, it's all about a performance automatic (example w/stang) with a Bauman Shift Programmer leaving it in "D" and runnin' your time, everytime. I dunno about the autos in the 05's, but I can speak for previous.

Of course, if you're on the subject of street racing with twisties and autocrossing then my post is totally irrelavent.

:nice:

like i said on the other 13.2 post, IF there was Bone Stock 05 GT mustang running 13.2, the whole internet would be shaking right now, it would be making history :)
now, anybody feel free to check ANY car enthusiast on the net, NOBODY has seen the first 05 GT running 13.2, nobody has reports of seen such times...
we doesn't even now the track name where this cars ran the famous 13.2..
we are still waiting guys...

mach1dsg said:
like i said on the other 13.2 post, IF there was Bone Stock 05 GT mustang running 13.2, the whole internet would be shaking right now, it would be making history :)
now, anybody feel free to check ANY car enthusiast on the net, NOBODY has seen the first 05 GT running 13.2, nobody has reports of seen such times...
we doesn't even now the track name where this cars ran the famous 13.2..
we are still waiting guys...

Yes we do know the track name. It's in the thread. Here's the direct quote:

Texas Motorplex. Granted, I was staged so shallow the bottom bulb was flickering but it was an excellent run. Slowest of the day was a 13.34/101.88. Damn thing is fast!!!!

TomServo92 said:
Well now hold on a second! The '05 is great but nothing looks better than a '69 Boss (302 or 429...you choose!). :D

I've only wanted one of those for about 30 years. that is THE Mustang.

:worship:

I just saw an '05 yesterday for the first time. I have to agree with jon jon on this one. I was really unimpressed with the bod, but damn, for a stock Mustang, this thing moves.

I need to see a vid of a stock 13.2 though.

Well...

I guess the 05' Mustang GT is just too expensive for the common enthusiast to get ahold of. There's none on the lots! NONE!! You can't even get em, forget it! Much to my upset I was rejected by every dealer on the east coast that I've visited. Imagine that :shrug: I mean hell...even the MM&FF can't run one down the strip. Imagine that :shrug: The vids ever so proudly posted in existence to this day have been 13.8-up. Imagine that. :shrug: The dude posted above can't chirp 3rd gear and neither can I (yes I finally drove my friend's Legend Lime) Imagine that. :shrug: The JBA exhaust clip posted has a "top secret grind camshaft spec" that nobody knows about...shhhh! Imagine that. :shrug:

Tis all good. We'll have to wait until mid next year to see them 13.2 stock times. (and you know by then so called "stock" will be :rlaugh:)

300HP 05 MUSTANG GT = :owned: :owned: :owned: