Boost A Pump install help.

TRICKYGT

Jun 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
Got the Kenne Bell in post on friday. Mostly fully installed at this point, wiring and few hoses for heat exchanger and the boost a pump left to do.

The instructions for the boost a pump are not good. I think I am good for the wiring in the trunk, however if anyone has installed one in the SN95 I would really appreciate any help as to what happens under the hood. Looks like it attachs to boost line from fuel transducer?

Thanks for the help in advance. Took many pics and will do a complete write up of the whole install.

• Sponsors (?)

i told you that the boost a pump instructions suck.

on the manifold behind the blower, there is a barbed fitting that the vacuum line hooks to. there are 2 more allen head fittings 'plugs' behind that plug the manifold. i have my boost a pump switch screwed into the farthest fitting from the blower, and i have my boost gauge line screwed into the fitting in the middle. it looks a WHOLE lot more professional that having it T'd into the vacuum line. I will take a picture of it when i get home from work if you'd like.

i told you that the boost a pump instructions suck.

on the manifold behind the blower, there is a barbed fitting that the vacuum line hooks to. there are 2 more allen head fittings 'plugs' behind that plug the manifold. i have my boost a pump switch screwed into the farthest fitting from the blower, and i have my boost gauge line screwed into the fitting in the middle. it looks a WHOLE lot more professional that having it T'd into the vacuum line. I will take a picture of it when i get home from work if you'd like.

Thanks for that. I thought that was the way it was supposed to go but I wanted verification before I chop it all up. Its been quite an easy install up to now and that INCLUDES the dreaded heater bolt. I found an easy way to do the bolt and when I write up the install I will expect donations from future installers!:D

Hope it starts up and runs as it should. I get nervous when I make as many changes as they have you do. Too many things to go wrong. Changing transmission fluid, new clutch and tried to bend back power steering lines as well as adding all the stuff from the supercharger..... Making me worry just a little bit.

FINGERS CROSSED!

dont sweat it.

didnt you take it out for a test drive after the clutch / tranny fluid change? if all felt ok at that point, then as long as you followed the directions step by step for the kb install, it should be fine. i hope that you broke the clutch in BEFORE you put that blower on, because im 100% sure that I wouldnt have the patience to break it in properly after i installed the supercharger, and i wouldnt want to have to change that clutch for a 2nd time.

Only did 100 miles on the clutch before I started the install. Yeah yeah dont start laughing! I am as concerned about punching it as I am sure you would be. Going to change tranny fluid while its still jacked in the air. Just looked over the install so far and It looks like I have a copper fitting at rear of charger with nothing on it. There are three medium sized fittings above the two large coolant fittings for the intercooler. The passenger side has nothing on it! Is this right? The middle one has the 'Y' red vacuum hose and the driver side has a black hose on it (dont ask me where it goes as I am all hosed out).

All I have left to do now is run boost switch through the firewall, add coolant and change computer chip. I also found a tiny metal disc with a note saying 'install under fuel rail pressure sensor'...... bugger. Then i will be ready to CAREFULLY drive the painful 400 miles to break in the clutch.:mad:

Only did 100 miles on the clutch before I started the install. Yeah yeah dont start laughing! I am as concerned about punching it as I am sure you would be. Going to change tranny fluid while its still jacked in the air. Just looked over the install so far and It looks like I have a copper fitting at rear of charger with nothing on it. There are three medium sized fittings above the two large coolant fittings for the intercooler. The passenger side has nothing on it! Is this right? The middle one has the 'Y' red vacuum hose and the driver side has a black hose on it (dont ask me where it goes as I am all hosed out).

All I have left to do now is run boost switch through the firewall, add coolant and change computer chip. I also found a tiny metal disc with a note saying 'install under fuel rail pressure sensor'...... bugger. Then i will be ready to CAREFULLY drive the painful 400 miles to break in the clutch.:mad:

I'll do the breakin for ya if I get the 1st 100 miles and 5 1/4 mile trips :jester:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Everything installed, go to start car and it wont. Theft light flashing. PCM will not accept the chip. Sending both PCM and chip to Kenne Bell. Tried to start it without the chip and the beast roared into life. Super rich. Will have to wait till next week now.

yeah it will run pig rich on the stock computer because of the injectors. you swapped in 36lb injectors and the computer is acting like they are stock, so its dumping a TON of fuel in there. if you put the stockers back in, it will fire and idle... but whatever you do... dont drive it under boost... talk about a lean condition... if you were getting a dyno tune, i would have suggested that you keep the stock injectors in there, set the bypass screw so it wont build boost, and drive it carefully to the dyno shop. that week is going to SUCK!!!! i had to wait 4 days for big shot to tune my car... it was the longest 4 days of my life. lol.