boost gauge install

• Sponsors (?)

The vacuum hose that comes up from your bypass valve connects to a fitting near the front of the intake manifold, driver's side, close to the throttle body. On that fitting, there is an extra hole that has a pipe plug in it. Remove the plug and install another nipple like the one the other hose is connected to. Your kit came with the extra nipple. Then run a vacuum hose from the nipple to your gauge.

If it's hollow, You'll need an extractor or an easy out tool. If it's broke and still solid, you'll have to drill through it, then use an extractor or an easy out. Just make sure you remove the whole fitting and work with it in a vise, not on the car. I'm sure you know a mechanic who has tools. You probably should take it to him and let him do it. It could get messy if it's not drilled correctly.

spring assembly? sounds like you removed the wrong thing. i think your up on the throttle body itself. you will need to replace that plastic thingy you broke and yes put back the spring assembly.

That's right. The little manifold is near the throttle body on the driver's side. It's about 2" long and it's just hanging there with a hose that connects to the intake manifold with hose clamps. If you are standing in front of the car, it's just behind the throttle body which is what I think you wre working on in the first place. The manifold has a couple of extra brass pipe plugs in it that can be removed to adapt your boost gauge. You should get a mechanic to look at what you did to the throttle body.

Do you have a Vortech supercharger or a Procharger? If it's a Vortech, I'm not sure where they want you to tap for a boost gauge. I saw your thumbnail pic on your other thread and it looks like you may have a Vortech. I've been pointing you in the direction of a small manifold that the Procharger uses. It's no wonder you can't find it. It's not there. You need to tend to the throttle body problem first, then call Vortech and ask where they tap for a boost gauge. Maybe you should start a thread asking who has a Vortech with a boost gauge.