boost or Cube's

Check this out, i have a 91 GT conv. Im trying to figure out if my motor will take a cute 6 lbs of boost from a kenne bell twin screw blower. Its got a factory short block,with 130k miles, gt-40p's with some work but nothing to serious, cobra intake, spec stage 3 clutch, tremec-3550, into a 8.8 with 31 spline, 3.73's, and a detroit locker. Im in the middle of suspension work right now. Im just wanting some input about slapping on the blower and building a 408 in the next year-year and a half, or save the 7 grand and get the motor done and over with then try and save the money for the blower.Will the little pony last??? and yes i do know there is no real way with out checking the mains for wear.... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Last summer in mm&FFtech mag.put a pro-charger with 10 pounds of boost on a 90 gt with 139'000 miles on it.100% stock,rite down to the 2.73 gears.When they got done, it was turning high 12's.And I believe the car is still around!The kit was 3500 beans!

gtconv91 said:
Check this out, i have a 91 GT conv. Im trying to figure out if my motor will take a cute 6 lbs of boost from a kenne bell twin screw blower. Its got a factory short block,with 130k miles, gt-40p's with some work but nothing to serious, cobra intake, spec stage 3 clutch, tremec-3550, into a 8.8 with 31 spline, 3.73's, and a detroit locker. Im in the middle of suspension work right now. Im just wanting some input about slapping on the blower and building a 408 in the next year-year and a half, or save the 7 grand and get the motor done and over with then try and save the money for the blower.Will the little pony last??? and yes i do know there is no real way with out checking the mains for wear.... :bang:

If its your daily driver don't risk it...it would probably be alright really...but its up to you...

You will have an absolute beast when you get it all said and done :hail2:

wait till you build the engine first, and then get the blower. that way, you won't have to worry about the shape of the engine. plus, i think your car's got enough power to keep the daily drive interesting for the interim...

Having a 408, my choice is clear. The difference in power is obvious too. There's no chance a stock 5.0HO block can match the power of a 408 without breaking into pieces. Even with a blower, you can't expect it to reach the potential of a well built 408, which could last much longer thanks to the strength of the 351W block. I use an A351, but a production block is easily good for over 600hp IMO.