Boosted Ignition suggestions?

I have just ordered an MSD Digital 7 pn#7535 box and their map sensor pn#23121 along with their billet dist. I like the adjustability the coolness factor but am looking for advice from those who have a boosted ignition system. Maybe some out there has some experience with these boxes could chime in.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 6530 that has a lot of the same features and uses the same prodata software. It is easy to work with. My timing is set at 42btdc and the box retards the timing according to manifold pressure and rpm. I think above 10" of vacuum there is no retard. It ramps to 35 degrees at 0 vacuum and 23 degrees at 10psi. It really helped drivability and MPG with 42 dgrees at cruise. Have you downloaded the software and played with it yet? I had my program pretty close before the box ever arrived.

I havent even paid for the box yet because I was waiting to speak to someone as to which MAP sensor I will need. I am going to paypal the seller today and hope to have it by next weekend so I can get it all installed. I appreciate the timing info, that will give me a good place to start.
I have been using a cheap china made POS and cant wait to throw it in the trash.:mad:

Any GM map sensor will work. Each of the 3 pins have a slot cut in the connector that lines up with a tab in the sensor. I removed the tabs from the sensor to allow it to plug in. You will most likely want a 2 bar sensor which is good to 15psi. Are you buying a used one?

Mine is a little smaller, but fits nicely. It is hard to see the sensor. It is behind all the plugs.

1001935xj5.jpg

Attachments

• 1001935xj5.jpg
    1001935xj5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 19