Boosted's Project For The Day Thread

Not as fast, but you are comparing 435 crank hp to 525 crank hp, and 3700 lbs to 3100 lbs.

The coyote wakes up at 3500 and pulls aaaaalll the way to 7k rpm where the rev limiter stops it. I love it, and it's bone stock.

The turbo car is a beast, and I can't remember exactly what I typed here before @madmike1157 came in and changed it because he doesn't like the new cars... So I'm leaving this instead. :O_o:

Yeah,.... You were saying something about how it wasn't as civil and mild mannered as the new car. You went on to say that unlike the new car, the fox didn't forget the muscle car roots from whence it came. More road feel, and more of a visceral experience, w/ the smells, ride, and noise that can only have been appreciated by somebody that actually owned a 1970 mach 1.

I decided that some other S550 owner might take offense to that, so I "edited" it for you to be more conforming to the general populace.

Conforming, not like all the rest of you Mustang guys know anything about that.....;)

• Sponsors (?)

I only conform to @RaggedGT 's brilliantly fantastic and overall car improving ideas.

image.jpeg

lol

Just kidding buddy...
Packed the GoPro for the Mike visit yet?

lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'm on vacation in Galveston. Just going to leave this here..
image.jpeg

Hotel Galvez. I should have tried this YEARS AGO!! Love it!!

Reactions: 4 users
You shoulda tried what years ago?

1.Staying in a hotel.
2. Staying in a hotel on a beach.
3. Staying in that hotel on a beach.
:shrug:
This hotel, silly. Too early to read?

*Disclaimer: and it's not technically vacation. My doc hasn't cleared me to go back to work yet, and says I should be excercising my leg in a pool. This is not far from where I live. Never tried it before. It's nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
This Hotel was built in 1911. A lot of cool historic photographs, furniture and fixtures. It was modernized enough to make it comfortable while maintaining the cool factor.
image.jpeg

^ Here is when it opened. My wife was amazed at the ladies in the long dresses in that crazy hot weather. No air conditioning back then!

What it looks like now:
image.jpeg

Old mail drop box. The slot to drop letters in went all the way to the top of the building:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lobby and bar
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then^

Now:
image.jpeg

It was a great time. If any of y'all ever decide to stay a night in Galveston, check this place out. We really enjoyed it!:nice:

This Hotel was built in 1911. A lot of cool historic photographs, furniture and fixtures. It was modernized enough to make it comfortable while maintaining the cool factor.
image.jpeg

^ Here is when it opened. My wife was amazed at the ladies in the long dresses in that crazy hot weather. No air conditioning back then!

What it looks like now:
image.jpeg

Old mail drop box. The slot to drop letters in went all the way to the top of the building:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lobby and bar
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then^

Now:
image.jpeg

It was a great time. If any of y'all ever decide to stay a night in Galveston, check this place out. We really enjoyed it!:nice:
REDRUM, REDRUM!!!

That's a beautiful hotel.

No new gt for Clay yet. Dealership wasn't even interested in budging on the price and were doing everything they could to add more to the sticker.

That's a beautiful hotel.

No new gt for Clay yet. Dealership wasn't even interested in budging on the price and were doing everything they could to add more to the sticker.

Man, sorry to hear that. I looked at used cars before I bought a new one. It seems anyone that had a performance pack car wanted top dollar. I wasn't concerned with all of the gadgets and leather, so I just went with a base gt with the performance pack. That option still gives you sync and a backup cam.. And it's a brand new car for 35k. I actually got mine out the door for 34k. It is a very nice car, zero complaints.

Reactions: 1 users
That was my feeling. I can get a brand new car for 34k. I was surfing Carmax and found similar cars to yours in the price range I was looking at. Just going to be patient. Maybe for Christmas.

Reactions: 2 users
That was my feeling. I can get a brand new car for 34k. I was surfing Carmax and found similar cars to yours in the price range I was looking at. Just going to be patient. Maybe for Christmas.

Something to be said for buying a car no one else has beat on yet. Different people feel different ways, though. I keep cars a long time.. So the idea of saving money buying a lightly used one doesn't appeal to me that much. I like to get them new and use all their life up myself. My 08 f150 is paid for and will continue family pick up duty for 10 more years, hopefully. The money I paid for it, I'll get every penny out of it in use.

Reactions: 1 user
Also- my wife had an 08 Honda CRV. We kept it when we bought her new honda pilot last year. My son drove the CRV until his fox hit the road, now my oldest daughter is about to start driving it.. Waste not, want not. :shrug:

Reactions: 5 users