Boosted's Project For The Day Thread

Aside from the mustang my sole other mode of transport is a 95 wrangler. It's a phenomenal vehicle but I'm ready to be back in something with glass windows and an air conditioner.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Aside from the mustang my sole other mode of transport is a 95 wrangler. It's a phenomenal vehicle but I'm ready to be back in something with glass windows and an air conditioner.

Ooooo. Man you are tough. I had to dd a 94 wrangler about two months a long time ago. It belonged to my in-laws. My wife crashed her car, drove my truck and stuck me with the jeep until her car was out if the body shop. I was VERY glad to get my truck back, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Ooooo. Man you are tough. I had to dd a 94 wrangler about two months a long time ago. It belonged to my in-laws. My wife crashed her car, drove my truck and stuck me with the jeep until her car was out if the body shop. I was VERY glad to get my truck back, lol.
It's been my dd for 6 years. I haven't complained once, but record heat this year is forcing me to use a spatula to scrape my legs and back from the vinyl after about 5 minutes.

It's been my dd for 6 years. I haven't complained once, but record heat this year is forcing me to use a spatula to scrape my legs and back from the vinyl after about 5 minutes.

Yeah I imagine. I work outside in a chemical plant so loud that you are required to wear earplugs. Combine that with being hot and sweaty all day, and that noisy ass, hot, damn bouncing jeep was the last thing I wanted to drive 17 miles home everday. Don't get me wrong, they are fun.. But when that kind of work day is over, you want some ac and zero wind noise.

Mike Murillo cracks me up! Many lolz out of this one:
image.jpeg

Not the first time I've offered at least 1/3rd in cash and the dealership was more interested in Warranty fees and selling the loan to a 3rd party bank for a profit. Last time was I offered to pay the asking price in cash for an excursion and they flat refused saying they only dealt in finance. :leghump: Ford dealerships.

Reactions: 2 users
Not the first time I've offered at least 1/3rd in cash and the dealership was more interested in Warranty fees and selling the loan to a 3rd party bank for a profit. Last time was I offered to pay the asking price in cash for an expedition and they flat refused saying they only dealt in finance. **** Ford dealerships.
Look at the bright side, do you own an Expedition?

Sorry. Meant excursion. Stupid auto correct. 7.3 Diesel, leather, DVD, sat Nav, everything a father of four could want in a road trip vehicle.
Your name is Clay, right?

Clay, when the Expedition first came out, we got one in that was going to a car show and received a little "transportation" damage. I thought that this thing was as luxurious as anything out there. The Aurora's were new then and I was painting one of those and I thought the Excursion beat it hands down in comfort.

Anyhow, sucks on that red mustang! I too like fords, but not so much the dealerships.

Expedition at least from my experience was garbage. I've worked on a few. Not fords best offering. Went with a Denali xl which the ex took and sold after she couldn't afford to feed or insure it.

Expedition at least from my experience was garbage. I've worked on a few. Not fords best offering. Went with a Denali xl which the ex took and sold after she couldn't afford to feed or insure it.
Honestly, I've never been a fan of the expedition (though the Lincoln version was kind of nice). I thought it was a good idea when they came out.

I've always liked the Explorer and wondered why ford didn't compete with the Bronco/Tahoe. Then they came out with the Expedition. Oh well, why didn't ford just spend the time and talk to me first....

The Denali option has always been nice in any format it's been on.

I tried to get my wife into one of those Denalis... The Expedition wasn't available with an ecoboost and I wasn't going to buy another 5.4. She couldn't park the thing it was so big. (Gotta be a joke there somewhere).. Anyhoo, she insisted on another Honda.. and I couldn't argue.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to get my wife into one of those Denalis... The Expedition wasn't available with an ecoboost and I wasn't going to buy another 5.4. She couldn't park the thing it was so big. (Gotta be a joke there somewhere).. Anyhoo, she insisted on another Honda.. and I couldn't argue.
What you're saying is what you had to give was too big for her!!!

Allen, get on with your studly self!

BTW, I felt obligated to make this comment after what you said. Guy protocol 101.

Yeah I tried buying a new 15' f150 last year. I 2nd...F ford dealerships. Wouldn't budge on price. Then they would only give me 500$ for my 99 Yukon for trade. Now I agree it was a 99 but it only had 160k on it and drove great. I sold it outright for 2500$ (On first day of ad)and bought a used 12' Sierra fully loaded with 50k on it. For 20k less than what the dealership wanted for the f150 and with an 4yr/40k bumper to bumper warranty. I preferred the ford but really...no room to negotiate? Kiss my bunion hole. They don't care they sell the chit out of those trucks.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I tried buying a new 15' f150 last year. I 2nd...F ford dealerships. Wouldn't budge on price. Then they would only give me 500$ for my 99 Yukon for trade. Now I agree it was a 99 but it only had 160k on it and drove great. I sold it outright for 2500$ (On first day of ad)and bought a used 12' Sierra fully loaded with 50k on it. For 20k less than what the dealership wanted for the f150 and with an 4yr/40k bumper to bumper warranty. I preferred the ford but really...no room to negotiate? Kiss my bunion hole. They don't care they sell the chit out of those trucks.

Well, I haven't bought a pick up since fall of 07, but buying My Mustang was painless, once I found a dealership that could actually get what I wanted. I already had negotiated prices with two other dealers, but when they couldn't get their hands on the car, the guys that did have it.. Beat the other guys by $500. Turned out, @hoopty5.0 knew this salesman, I called the guy and in 10 minutes bought it over the phone. I've had very poor dealings with GM dealers as well as Ford, I think it just boils down to the dealership in particular. There are two Ford dealers, two Chevy, and one Buick/GMC in my area, and I refuse to deal with them, they are all idiots. I have to go up to Houston to find someone who really wants to sell a car. Those big dealers make money on volume. These smalltown podunk guys haggle too much to get a good deal from. They have to, they don't move as many cars, and have to make up the profit.

Oh, and if they won't sell it to you for cash, @stykthyn, go to the bank, get a loan drafted, buy the car, then pay off the bank. You don't pay interest and it helps your credit.

Last edited:
Took my youngest to the park today and got this pic on the way back to the car.
image.jpeg

Nuttin new.... Other than it Looks like I'm going back to work next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users