boosting

nickl

Sep 19, 2003
PA
i posted a thread a while ago about 93 stang and my boost gauge not reading any boost just vac (it read boost at like 90mph). i have my gauge hooked up to the tree on the firewall right above the brake cylinder. i also tried putting the hose for the gauge on the throttle body the needle only stayed at 0 but went up to 5 lbs when i was in 5 gear doing 70. i have a top mount intercooler with a bov and the hose for the bov is hooked up to the vac tree also. i have a boost controller and its hooked up to the activator for the waste gate and to a port on the low pressure side of the turbo i dont know if they could be causing this. There is definately some boost because i can here the turbo spooling up and it has more power.

• Sponsors (?)

nickl said:
i posted a thread a while ago about 93 stang and my boost gauge not reading any boost just vac (it read boost at like 90mph). i have my gauge hooked up to the tree on the firewall right above the brake cylinder. i also tried putting the hose for the gauge on the throttle body the needle only stayed at 0 but went up to 5 lbs when i was in 5 gear doing 70. i have a top mount intercooler with a bov and the hose for the bov is hooked up to the vac tree also. i have a boost controller and its hooked up to the activator for the waste gate and to a port on the low pressure side of the turbo i dont know if they could be causing this. There is definately some boost because i can here the turbo spooling up and it has more power.

maybe a kink in your line? mabye your boost gauge took a turn for the worst
they are pretty simple setups, the only thing that makes them not work is 1 of 3 things (usualy) , A: leak/kink in the line , so it cant see pressure B: gauge is broken C: no boost to read.....of course im speaking from limited exsperience, so thats just my 2cents :rolleyes: