bored...decided to paint tires..*pics*

• Sponsors (?)

PULMEOVR said:
This goes down to ricer stickers in my book.
You must think Shelby Cobras are ricers then

james-cobra2.jpg

Attachments

• james-cobra2.jpg
    james-cobra2.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 64
Z28 KILR said:
I don't like it either I can't wait until I need new tires on my Escape so I can get those crappy redneck letters off my tires.

I personally cannot wait until America gets out of this retro stage.

If it's retro vs. rice, I choose retro anyday!

Thread-starter, your car tires look good like that especially with those rims. :nice:

so here are some more pics of the almost complete passenger side. the front tire still needs one more coat, and i still have to do both driver side tires, each one takes about an hour for both coats:bang:

DSC02877.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

not sure if i like it as much as wouldve thought...what do u guys think...

Attachments

• DSC02877.jpg
    DSC02877.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02878.jpg
    DSC02878.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02879.jpg
    DSC02879.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 81
Eh, it's OK....I think on a white car it would've looked better... Not sure why though.

A related question. Are the tires on the back of your GT the same profile as the ones on the front? Looks different...

The important thing is if YOU like it. If you do, then rock on... If not... Well...

supastang03 said:
not sure if i like it as much as wouldve thought...what do u guys think...

I think it looks good. Think of it this way - if they came that way, you wouldn't give it a moment's notice. Now that you went and did it yourself, you are having second thoughts because in your head, it seems gimmicky. Don't sweat it. Up until ten years ago, almost every performance tire came that way. You could turn them around to hide the lettering, or run it outside. Hell, even the paint pens aren't new - if you curbed your tire or were too cheap to buy the white letter versions, you did it yourself anyway.

I wouldn't recommend advertising the fact you bought cheap tires if you had some el cheapo off brand tire or something, but there's nothing shameful about Dunlops, so appreciate it. It's no more "retro" than wearing a concert tee you got at a show a few years back, and with the bullitt wheels, it looks great.

Yeah, I think it looks good too. It does look better on the higher profile tires though. Classic look. Ol' muscle cars with white letter tires are hot! Who the **** thinks this is rice...must be like 12 years old. Try to pick up a book older than 20 years old and you'll appreciate the history of the automobile.

From an objective standpoint, it sets the tires off. The wheels can look bling bling.......but often tires blend right into the shadow and abyss of the wheel well, especially with the monster mustang wheel well. The white just sets off the tire and brings more attention to the wheel/tire.

I have always liked this look but never mentioned it as many think it looks redneck (ps - total opposite of any rice association...)

Looks good.

And yes, acetone does eat rubber.. but usually it has to be in little bits to really dissolve it, so a mild solution won't hurt a tire wall.