Borla Stingers

• Sponsors (?)

are the borla stingers a straight through type muffler? or chambered?

Borla Exhaust was the first company to design and manufacture application specific, bolt on, exhaust utilizing straight-through mufflers.

Not only is every Borla muffler straight-through, we are the pioneers of straight-through aftermarket exhaust.

We sold our first Rolls Royce aftermarket exhaust with a straight through muffler in 1978.

All Borla street products utilize straight-through mufflers, are manufactured from 100% T304 and come with a million mile warranty. Even after nearly 30 years this is still rare combination of benefits.

Thanks for your interest :nice:

Off-Road H/X and Pypes Violator's Axle Backs are the ****. Obnoxiously loud when you get on it and they just gurgle like crazy when you are either downshifting or slowing. At cruising speeds they have less drone than stock.

I get compliments on them all the time (from guys) and nasty looks from older women and jealous looks from boyfriends when I pass them with their girlfriend in the car :nice:

Off-Road H/X and Pypes Violator's Axle Backs are the ****. Obnoxiously loud when you get on it and they just gurgle like crazy when you are either downshifting or slowing. At cruising speeds they have less drone than stock.

I get compliments on them all the time (from guys) and nasty looks from older women and jealous looks from boyfriends when I pass them with their girlfriend in the car :nice:

that is funny as hell. you got love to love that. :lol:

I was thinking of going flows mufflers and off-road H.. But first just swapping the mufflers.

FRPP STINGERS

I hate to chime in late but I have the FRPP stingers and they are nasty sounding if I do say so! I have had multiple compliments on how my car sounds from all kind of folks (carguys and joe public) can't wait to get long tubes and o/r x pipe

The exhaust on my other car rusted out (Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers) and the drone is absolutely beautiful. I love the sound of it and I try to keep it at low RPMs in numerically high gears just to make it drone.

The sound quality of an exhaust is 100% subjective. Decible level is measurable as are certain frequencies but ultimately the decision as to whether it sounds good or not is up to each individual.

All any one person can truthfully tell you is whether THEY like it or not.

If you want to know for yourself you have to hear it for yourself..... (IN PERSON , NOT A COMPRESSED SOUND FILE THAT WAS RECORDED WITH A MICROPHONE AND DOWNLOADED FROM THE INTERNET)........... Anyone who buys an exhaust because of an MP3 they downloaded is fooling themselves. You don't have to be a genius in physics to know this.........

For instance, take someone to a NASCAR or NHRA race who has only seen them on TV. I bet they will comment on how much different the cars sound in person. If you have been to one of these races you know exactly what I mean. The sound is intense and cannot be translated through any kind of speakers no matter how expensive they are.

The sound quality of an exhaust is 100% subjective. Decible level is measurable as are certain frequencies but ultimately the decision as to whether it sounds good or not is up to each individual.

All any one person can truthfully tell you is whether THEY like it or not.

If you want to know for yourself you have to hear it for yourself..... (IN PERSON , NOT A COMPRESSED SOUND FILE THAT WAS RECORDED WITH A MICROPHONE AND DOWNLOADED FROM THE INTERNET)........... Anyone who buys an exhaust because of an MP3 they downloaded is fooling themselves. You don't have to be a genius in physics to know this.........

For instance, take someone to a NASCAR or NHRA race who has only seen them on TV. I bet they will comment on how much different the cars sound in person. If you have been to one of these races you know exactly what I mean. The sound is intense and cannot be translated through any kind of speakers no matter how expensive they are.

So in your honest opinion ? are your Borla S type Stingers less likely to drone if used with an off road X-pipe over an off road H-pipe or Mac off road prochamber :shrug:

I do believe Steeda's are made by Magnaflow. I saw them being R&D at Magnaflow a year or so ago.

They can change the tune by changing the packing at the muffler assembly point, so they most likely got the level to where Steeda wanted it to be.

I know they also make the Saleen and Roush kits.

Borla seems to be the hot mufflers for the 05s. Their popularity is growing accross the net. The FRPP and the Borla, everyone's bragging.

Now, what to put on my GT500? ;)

Cheers
Mike

So in your honest opinion ? are your Borla S type Stingers less likely to drone if used with an off road X-pipe over an off road H-pipe or Mac off road prochamber :shrug:

I would have to say yes. Being the MAC Prochamber doing the best job at getting rid of the drone. I've swapped out more mid-pipes than you can shake a stick at and the Pro Chamber seems to do a really good job.

Mike

I would have to say yes. Being the MAC Prochamber doing the best job at getting rid of the drone. I've swapped out more mid-pipes than you can shake a stick at and the Pro Chamber seems to do a really good job.

Mike

Hey Mike, now that I know how good of a job the prochamber does would you recommend your Magnaflow axle back with the prochamber or would their still be drone ? and if not would you give me a great deal on them ? thanks again, Rocky :nice: