Borla X-pipe doesn't fit?

austin101385

Dec 27, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got my borla s-type catback for my 2011 GT. After getting everything loosened and unbolted, I went to install the x-pipe and it would not match up to the front pipes with the catalytic converters...and those pipes don't move much. The only bolts I could find to loosen are way up at the headers and there's no way I'm going to try to get to those with just a set of floor ramps.

The stock h-pipe has some type of flex connector that allows it to bend in and out, but the x-pipe of course is solid. Anyone heard of of this problem? I really wanted to install it my self since it's all bolt-on, but might have to take it to a muffler shop and get them to bend it?

I emailed Borla a couple of days ago, but have not heard a word from them. I would have thought that paying this much money, it would have been a perfect fit.

Thanks,
Austin

• Sponsors (?)

The x-pipe is about 1/2" too narrow. I got my wife under the car with me to try again and pull the front pipe with the catalytic converters inward, but it does not budge much at all. I thought that it would/should just slip right on.