BOSS 302 - How could you let it get like this?

• Sponsors (?)

BADBOSS said:
Shannon, thankyou for your comments, and i fear i'm starting to appear argumentative, and for that i apologize. Afterall, we are all Mustang lovers to some degree, and share a common bond.

Yes, you are correct in what you say, but the question still remains. Why did FORD/MERCURY and FORD decide to put the DRAG PACK on invoices for the COUGAR and not the BOSS 302 Mustang?...lots of speculation on this and i have decided to accept that FORD didn't want this term applied to the B2 Mustang as they were activly campaigning in the Trans-Am, and didn't want the car to be associated with drag racing....or someone in the office was too lazy to type it in...lol!...

Again, thanks to all who gave their input on this, its a very interesting topic at times, and does get a little intense...

cd2003-4669.jpg

badboss, this is my whole point. just because ford did not call this extra cost option drag pak on the mustang invoice while the exact same extra cost option on the boss 2 cougar was called drag pak, does not mean this isn't still the drag pak option. a rose by any other name is still a rose after all.

ok, i've said my piece. ford may not have called it drag pak but for all intents and purposes it is the exact same option as what mercury called the drag pak option on the boss 2 cougars.

Attachments

• cd2003-4669.jpg
    cd2003-4669.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 69
chepsk8 said:
And all BOSS 351's had 3.91's, Stagger Shocks, and Oil cooler, but they were not called "Drag Pack"....

Oh, will this thread ever die?

Well you got part of it right this time. Correct on the 3.91 gears.
Staggered shocks, why you think its relevant I'm not sure. My 87 and 89 5.0 had staggered shocks.
No BOSS 351 had a oil cooler from the factory.

D.Hearne said:
I second this...............:bang: :bang: :bang: :Zip2:

why?...although this thread went a little off topic, it still seems to me that there are people reading this thread and replying, asking questions, getting answers, having reasonable discourse over the drag pack issue with BOSS Mustangs. I'm fairly new to this site, but have owned Mustangs since 1968, and had a BOSS 302 code D, that i turned into a bracket drag car, and have loved these cars from the 1st time i saw a 65 when i was 14.

Eventually this thread will go away, and life will move on..

have fun...relax...

my question is....when did FORD drop the Drag Pack moniker?...

scan0004.jpg

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 86