Boss 429 rear main seal

Decurion

Sep 28, 2006
Livonia, MI
Is there any difference between a normal 429/460 rear main seal and one for a Boss 429? I have a boss block that Im building with a 460 crank and when I took it in to be balanced the shop said there was a difference in the rear seals.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a B9 to compare against, but I'm sure there are a few vendors that still sell NOS Boss parts.

I would have to think that the B9 block would be worth more to a collector than in a hot rod.

Why not just build a 'regular' 514 ci stroked 460?

Why not just build a 'regular' 514 ci stroked 460? ...would be worth more to a collector than in a hot rod.

I already have all the parts to build 2 complete Boss engines top to bottom. :D They were setup to run as a 480" (.110" offset ground 460 crank, alum rods, 14:1, etc) but the cranks were both full of hairline cracks so Im just using a stock 460 crank and Eagle rods in one (undetermined in the other) to bring compression back closer to stock. They will be as close to stock as I can get with what I have. So far no plans to put them in anything, I just want to get them together so I dont have so many freakin parts around! :eek: