both motor mounts broke

• Sponsors (?)

DCjuggalo said:
like what? i had to replaced the transmission yesterday.. mounts are in the mail
:shrug: I've seen broken mounts damage alot of things. A/C lines, P/S lines, coolant hoses, radiators and fan shrouds, exhaust, all kinds of stuff. These things are not meant to be flexed. You would be surprised at how much flex the engine can do with broken mounts. You don't want to look like :mad:

IndyBlk5.0 said:
my mounts arent broke, i just think they are worn out... so wheres a good cheap place to get stock motor mounts at? (preferrably cheap)
I'd buy them from the dealer. I've had a lot of aftermarket mounts not fit right w/o having to modify them somewhat. What a PITA!! Now a days the dealers are trying to be competitive w/ the aftermarket world so there may not be that much difference in $$$.

i would replace them with factory 93 mustang convertible mounts from a ford dealership the motor mounts is something you really dont want to go really cheap on because you will be replacing them again then,

5 speed trans mount from ford 14.85 part number f6zz6068fa
2 motor mounts from ford part number e3zz6038d 38.73
ford part number e3zz6038e 48.17

i dont know why one side cost more then the other so dont ask

well you can go that route but i would drive it intell you get them fixed and if you get the autozone opnes get ones for a 93 mustang convertible they are alot stronger then reg one i used to work at the zone on that was what i was goijng to do but my buddy worked at ford and got the ford ones for me alot cheaper then the zone ones