bottom end!

mynewcar

Jun 13, 2005
i was just wondering how much hp the stock bottom end is good to. my buddies have been telling me that after i put the patriot stage 2 heads on i will need too look into the bottom end. THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

mynewcar said:
i was just wondering how much hp the stock bottom end is good to. my buddies have been telling me that after i put the patriot stage 2 heads on i will need too look into the bottom end. THANKS

there are tons of factors that go into how much the bottom end can handle. everybody is looks for a magic HP number a certain part can handle and thats just a guideline

I can tell you the stock bottom end can survive on a 500 hp car. but maybe that car had a great tune and runs only in 60 degree weather and never sees traffic.

or how about a head and cam stock short block car with a big hit of nitrous that pushes it to 500 hp, but it hardly ever sees it.

or how about a poorly tuned hacked up supercharger install making 350 hp..

so my answer is the stock bottom end is good for 0-650 hp depending on more factors than you have hair on your body.

and my answer to the build the bottom end next question is NO.. I am sure you have other more pressing concerns than building up a N/A bottom end. the stock bottom end should be fine for you. then when you have the money to do a big bore setup then you do your bottom end.

tomustang said:
it'll take all the N/A horsepower you can push though it

quoted for truth. I dont see anyway that you could push to much HP N/A. I oly have a built bottom because I had spun a bearing due to overev and I wasnt gonna waste all that time pulling it down just to go back stock. and Ill prolly spray it later on.

I have been getting into my wife's bottom end:

bacon-in-ass.gif