Bought a bike!!!! Check out my new owners manual :)

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: UPDATED: Pics of the bike in this post!

SP_A0061.jpg

And here is my new Helmet. My dad....man I cant thank him enough. He bought me a $560 helmet (retail= $690), $280 bike matching jacket ($330 retail), $60 tinted visor, and like a $50 pair of gloves! All for my early Christmas present...and he also co signed for me :D .
Did I mention he bought himself a 2005 Suzuki C90 boulevard that was decked out be the previous owner along with a $200 helmet?!?! Ok on to the helmet LOL.

View attachment 424208

SP_A0063.jpg

View attachment 424212

View attachment 424214

He also rode the Busa 250 miles back home (me = no lisense :()...and get this, with him (big/thick guy...about 250#s) setting right in the wind with a jacket flapping....and on a motor that is BRAND new (bought with 0 miles) , bike got like 45.6 MPG! :hail2: This was mostly all highway driving, filled up at a little under 1/2 tank and with him rolling back on the throttle in 6th gear 4 times from 70-90 and 1 time in 5th from 70-90. :D

Man I thank God for this bike and pray he keeps me and anyone else ridng it safe always!

Now to my driving it! WOW, I LOVE it! (I drove it around our neighborhood a bit...rediculously fast and I havnt pulled past a 1/4 throttle!) Funny thing is that I nearly dumped it in our gravel drive way on my first time taking off/turning :rlaugh: ...WOW touchy touchy throttle lol. First time really riding a bike and didnt expect it to want to GO that easily...Headed for his truck and grabbed the clutch and front brake while in a slight turn. Was a little heavy on the front brake lol...but I cought it and I learned real quick to ride the clutch more in gravel and be MUCH easier on the gas. :lol:
I didnt really think it would, but this bike truely scares me....I mean you can just FEEL the power. I cant describe how much power the bike has on tap for such LITTLE throttle imput. My dad and myself are the only ones riding it thats for darn sure.

Anyways, Ill have pics up tomorrow :nice:

EDIT: here are the pics as promised :hail2: .

View attachment 424216

View attachment 424218

View attachment 424219

View attachment 424221

View attachment 424223

View attachment 424225

View attachment 424228

SP_A0080.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice choice, be careful as others have noted.

I like the helmet, glad your Dad bucked up on the Shoei.

X-11 is the shat! My roommate let me borrow his for a while, and it is comfortable for sure! :nice:

Again ALWAYS wear your helmet. My roommate downed his while he was warming up the bike right before we were gonna change the oil... Bummer broke his wrist, fugged up the bike, bent the handlebar, golfball sized knot on his temple... ouch. Mind you this was at 10-15 MPH... :(

I know personally that I could handle a 1300, having ridden since 6, dirt and street, various 600s, a 650 Suzuki, etc... But man for a first bike that is semi irresponsible.

Just take your time, FORGET about other people looking at you, and don't take on a rider for at least a year or so.

Again very slick bike. Congrats.

Good Luck. :banana:

WOW, a 1300 to start off with! Good luck with that! I started off with a 750 and then went to a 900 and back to a gixxer750. I would never go bigger again in my life. To big and way to much power. The smaller bikes have plenty of hp but you can control them easier then a large 190hp bike. You will wreck sooner or later. I wrecked 3 times playing around. None to ever put me in the hospital but it does hurt. Be safe

im thinking about getting a bike again.....i miss riding. as for the power, i cant stand 600/750's. they are smooth, ride the same but the power is just too blah. nothing beats the feeling of cracking the throttle on a liter + bike and the sensation that you are going to get peeled off backwards kicks in...

have fun with it and ride smart

oh and while you bought that bike i bought a full automatic autococker paintball gun lol. My friend wanted me to bring my gun down to college so he can play me so i just bought a better one lol. Im not too sure he wants to play me anymore lol I told him if you get hit with one ball you better duck cause there will be many more coming. Sucker shoots 18 balls per sec.:D

Be careful. be prepared to drop it... I don't mean wreck hope you don't but we all do. I mean drop, forget to put feet down at a stop, kickstand not locked in, gravel driveway, leaves on road, etc..

BTW I need your addy Hot so I can come visit you in texas....

boo puts on ski mask... :)