Bought a New CAR!!!!

Thanks Bill, I love the car. It handles exceptionally well compared to what I am used to. I averaged 29.6mpg on a 180 mile trip on sunday at 72mph

Laser, thanks man! Love the FRC's. I was in the market for close to a year for these cars, and in the end, it came down to an frc or z06. Both a sweet cars.

The red interior that you are talking about is the "mod red" interior. It is not specific to any year c5 z06. It can be found in any 01-04 z06. The 50th anv. is an emblem on the corvette sign on the trunk and hood. No other obvious signs that I have seen.
Thanks for the heads up on the badge :nice:
I was bummed when I traded in my 99. I lived on an island and there wer no highways but there was not a single time I didnt pop it over 100 and when I drove home it was Haleakela Hwy and that thing is steep (to Pukalani) and was always at 140-155 :eek:
Thing is I never once set it on average mileage and never reset it. I always had it set on tire pressure. Anyway the day I traded it in I flipped past it and was shocked to see an overall average (9780 miles) of 28.4 MPG :eek:
When I drive my Cobra that hard it will average 11 or so :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

You traded in an FRC with 9k miles?:nono:

I was originally set on duplicating cnb's vette here in texas.

asssa.jpg

35hqxpv.jpg

pewter frc :hail2:

Then I found a Z, and the rest is history.

As you stated, the c5's get great mileage. I just drove from Houston to Boerne(250 miles) and was averaging 29.1-29.4 tonight through the digital readout. Gas gauges confirmed it.

We will have to line them all up next spring. Quite a few of the texas guys are around still. We need to find a good little 1/8 mile track somewhere centrally located for us to get together on a sat. or sun.

Attachments

• asssa.jpg
    asssa.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 35hqxpv.jpg
    35hqxpv.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 56
Winters, I know. I kick myself for selling it. Bought it new for well under sticker cause I worked at the dealer and it was my boses demo. Also everyone in Maui wanted a vert or targa :shrug:
I didnt get crap for it eaither on trade in.
I traded my 97 Cobra in on the Vette too :(