Bought a new radar detector - BEL RX65

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
My old Whistler Pro73 was great (although a little too quiet) but it crapped out in the winter. It appears to have shorted out somewhere inside - it just blows fuses now.

So that went in the trash and I bought a new Bel RX65 for $200. Should be here in a few days.
They are meant to be pretty damn good (and had better be for that much cash!). Anyone on here got one? How is it?

Flame away, disbelievers.:D

• Sponsors (?)

BEL's are good, but mine seem to break every 1.5 years. Maybe cause I leave it on the dash all summer and winter long. Been through 2 940's and now on a 945.

The RX65 is supposed to be BEL's newest and greatest next to the STi Pro.

They are usually $330, but you can get them on ebay for around $200. WARRNING, buying them off ebay voids ALL warranties. Most Ebay sellers even remove the serial number stickers so you can't ever get any warranty.

Check out squaretrade they might offer the warranty for it.

I am actually thinking of getting the new Rx75, but they want $1000 for it and professional installation.

~K

BEL's are good, but mine seem to break every 1.5 years. Maybe cause I leave it on the dash all summer and winter long. Been through 2 940's and now on a 945.

They are usually $330, but you can get them on ebay for around $200. WARRNING, buying them off ebay voids ALL warranties. Most Ebay sellers even remove the serial number stickers so you can't ever get any warranty.

I am actually thinking of getting the new Rx75, but they want $1000 for it and professional installation.

~K

Ya, you have to take them down in the summer time buddy. Also most if all ebay sellers arent authorized dealers so you have no warrenty anyway lol. And the company usually want stores to sell them @ a price no lower than a set amount for the warranty to be in effect.

~K

Mine still works great, and it has the serial number on it and I've had it a year and a half. I figured if the damn thing goes out three years after I bought it, the technology then will be better anyways so it would be a good time to upgrade.

Where the heck did you get an RX65 for $200? They're usually $300+

ebay. New with serial. 225 shipped i think. looking forward to trying this thing. Sending my broken Whistler Pro73 back for non warranty repair. Should be 55 bucks:( - I'll put it in my wifes car so its worth it.

im looking at getting the STI driver radar detector. They are suppose to be the best and cannot be detected by cops. But i remember seeing that the rx65 was right there behind it. I found some web site where they tested a bunch of detectors the rx65 was 2nd or 3rd.

im looking at getting the STI driver radar detector. They are suppose to be the best and cannot be detected by cops. But i remember seeing that the rx65 was right there behind it. I found some web site where they tested a bunch of detectors the rx65 was 2nd or 3rd.

Radar detectors are legal in almost all states. If you dont live in one of the outlawed ones, the STi isnt worth the money. The rx65 performs just as well, but can be detected by the very latest cop stuff if thats what they are doing.

Radar detectors are legal in almost all states. If you dont live in one of the outlawed ones, the STi isnt worth the money. The rx65 performs just as well, but can be detected by the very latest cop stuff if thats what they are doing.
:stupid: +1 I don't care if a cop knows I have a radar detector.

I think they are legal in all of the US 'cept DC.