bought a notchback for a drag car.. need some help

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
yea its long.. but anywho my dad was really wanting to get a notchback to build.. and i agreed fully because.. simply we havent been spending as much time with eachother Father/son wise once we finished the GT.. and so we decided to do this.. someone had previously striped it.. it basically was just a shell and still is LOL.. but its perfect for what were doing.. dont know about body wise but i'd like some help identifying the hood.. and maybe the bumper to. We bought it for 200 bucks as it sits minus the wheels and tires (stuck my slicks on it).. so heres all the pics.. just if anyone can tell.. let me know because im deeply confused.. LOL

DSCN2408.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2407.jpg

DSCN2409.jpg

DSCN2406.jpg

its going to recieve a roll cage and full suspension.. as well as a healthy 7.0L :D

Attachments

• DSCN2408.jpg
    DSCN2408.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN2405.jpg
    DSCN2405.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN2407.jpg
    DSCN2407.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN2409.jpg
    DSCN2409.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN2406.jpg
    DSCN2406.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 96
  • Sponsors (?)

well that works for me.. funny thing is its originally an 82' base base base model mustang.. had the 6cyl in it and wasnt even a GL.. it was a "L" LOL wont matter though.. with the roll cage, a 427w, aluminum dash, and custom built harness through the whole car.. it oughta roll perty good :nice:

Yeah, I think they used to have a straight-6 in the earlier ones before they started putting in the 3.8 V-6. My buddy's first car was a '79 Mustang with a 6-cylinder - yeesh, what a pile that thing was! But it had EXACTLY the same hood and front-end as yours, even the same maroon-red color ... except his grille was half knocked out and the hood looked like someone had taken a sledgehammer to it in a couple of places.

But what the heck, someone's already done the hard part of stripping everything out for ya', so you've got a nice clean slate to work with, there. Good find.

had a 200 cid 3.3L straight 6 in er before hand.. probably going to put the later model dash in it just for cover and so we can use alll the aftermarket gauge pods.. probably stick with a pace car, cobra, or GT ground effects though

Bad92GT said:
well that works for me.. funny thing is its originally an 82' base base base model mustang.. had the 6cyl in it and wasnt even a GL.. it was a "L" LOL wont matter though.. with the roll cage, a 427w, aluminum dash, and custom built harness through the whole car.. it oughta roll perty good :nice:

They still used that nose in '82.