Roush Bought a Saleen back in April...opinions?

TT91

May 23, 2003
Paramus, NJ
Hey guys, I bought a Saleen back in April when my TT Fox was involved in an accident. The low down on the car, 2001 Saleen #134, 26k miles right now, and fully built. I'd like to know what some true Saleen guys think of the swaps/ mods done to this car. Did it raise the value, lower it, make it more unique? Check out www.so-slow.com and the link in my sig for more info and pics.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good mike,
I see you have a poll on the decal situation.
Lose the turbo people decal, the saleen winshield banner is part of the car.

People expect it to be fast regardless, because it's a saleen, so no need to publicize extra mods, besides if they can't see that cooler in the grille, they must be blind.

TT91 said:
Hey guys, I bought a Saleen back in April when my TT Fox was involved in an accident. The low down on the car, 2001 Saleen #134, 26k miles right now, and fully built. I'd like to know what some true Saleen guys think of the swaps/ mods done to this car. Did it raise the value, lower it, make it more unique? Check out www.so-slow.com and the link in my sig for more info and pics.

Your TT Fox..... :drool: Sorry to hear it was involved in an accident. Of course, almost anything is rebuildable. If you want to see pictures of a very poor fox Saleen in need of TLC, just ask Todd, Marcus or myself for some pictures. It might make you feel much better about your fox.......

BTW.....you stole my idea of dropping a DOHC cobra engine into an S281, talk about a sleeper. I love it....if it were only white :p Sweet ride......

SSS281 said:
how can u run a front mount and an aftercooler, how is the pluming routed?
Thats a fromt mount heat exchanger for the aftercooler, its 4 inches thick and holds gallons on water. My intake temps are just a hair above ambient temps. I removed ALL the decals months ago, that is a very old website I linked too.