Bought an 02 GT yesterday, what do i do first?

juiced_94gt

Mar 30, 2005
Southern California
i bought a 02 GT yesterday, it's redfire with bullitt wheels, im gonna lower it next week any suggestions on springs? i was thinking eibach pro-kit or H&R supersports, it's gonna be a daily driver so i need the smoothest ride possible, im gonna start posting here too now :) oh and i know NOTHING about modulars so i will be asking alot of questions. THIS CAR IS WAY SMOOTHER THAN MY 94 vert GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

BaXTeR3221 said:
In the short time i've been in this part of the forums(used to be in the 5.0 section) i've seen a lot of people who don't like the eibach springs, so i would go with H&R. Might want to do shocks and struts also if your looking for the smoothest ride.

+1 for H&R springs

May need caster/chamber plates too

blackink00 said:
if you want a smooth ride do the H&R sport springs. the super sports give a nice look but its kinda a stiff ride
:stupid: yup definitely go with the H&R sports....NOT super sports.

the super sports most likely be too stiff according to your goal of ride quality. and like everyone else said, i'd stay away from eibach.

push in the clutch pedal, move the shifter to neutral, then turn the key to start....

OH.... wait, I guess I should read the thread.

H&R Sports + C/C Plates (everyone loves these)

or FRPP C Springs, no C/C Plates required.

I have the latter, the ride didn't seem to suffer at all..

u REALLY should have ur trusted mechanic do a once over on it (if ur not one urself) just to see if everything is alright...eventhough i never did it but looking back on it it prob would have been a good idea, tho nothing has happened to my car lol :rolleyes:

i vote steeda sports...stock shocks and struts with 80k miles with about 3K on the springs and so far so good, so is the ride quality :nice:

get supersports and good shocks/ struts.. probably no c/c plate needed. dont listen to everyone tellin u you gotta have them, cause i didnt need em but bought them cause of that reason..guy who did my install told me to sell them and i lost 50 bux on the whole deal after sellin them for 140. and id wait off on gears because of gas prices and for you to really see what you like and how u drive the car. dont just hop into things without considering them for yourself, ive driven stangs with 4 10's 3 73 and stock, and for me the stock gearing is i think the most fun and best for everyday driving by far. anyways, nice buy and make sure you keep it well maintained..set off 200 right now and do pretty much everything.