Bought an '05 Five hundred, Need to get it Tinted (CT/RI/MA).

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
OK, Just bought an '05 five hundred. I need to get the car tinted since my son does not like all of the sun-light (he is only 8 months old). Anyone know of any good tinters within 30 mins or so of NE CT?

Also I hear that RI has a zero Tolerance tint rules, what happens if I drive through with the tint? I live and register my cars in CT. Do I have to comply with the rules of the state I am driving in or just the rules of the state I register in?

As for the car, it is the SEL with moon roof, leather, CVT transmission and AWD... so far we love it...

• Sponsors (?)

I one drove across the VA line (to get some french fries & gravy) in my old beater '93 Ranger. I got no more than 3 miles across the line & I got pulled! It was around 1:00 a.m. Cop comes up to my window and asks me, "Do you know why I pulled you?". I say, "No sir" (although a million reasons were running through my head, lol). He said, "Well, your windows are tinted too dark." He slid a little meter over my window. I knew it was legal in NC (where I was registered). Turns out, I had a dead inspection sticker, tag was 3 days "out of date", had a busted out taillight, and my rear tires were slicker than a baby's a$$. And of course the tint deal. He wrote me a "no seatbelt" ticket...... which I did have one on. I guess I got lucky, but VA cops are WEIRD!

I said all this to say: they may harass you with it in RI ..... but they can only enforce the law from the state it is registered in. So I wouldn't worry.

BTW ... the no tolerance thing in RI is a VERY stupid law!