Bought ANOTHER one!

I just put a down payment on yet another II (bringing the current herd up to FIVE!)

And this one's a T-top KING:D :D

Its not all original by a long shot, but it DOES appear to be a "real" T-top KC.

Currently black on black, no decals, and the trim all looks (badly) brush painted. It has the scoop and rear spoiler, side spats, rims, and airdam (with the brake ducts), and the Under-hood T-top braces are there. The sticker on the valve cover shows it as a 76, but the VIN and indicators so far read it as a 78.

Appears to need the choke assembly adjusted or replaced, and the previous owner says one rear brake cylinder is sticky.

$500 down, and $300/month until the total hits $3,000.

He is also giving me a runnable 302 (already set up for a II) to drop into my 78 Ghia so I will have both of them on the road this year.

• Sponsors (?)

There are one or two small dents, but they are somewhat overshadowed by the "Earl Sheib"-quality paintjob (although its hard to tell just how bad with all the dust on the car...that'll change when I get it home)

Its currently got a C4, but I may get a flywheel rebalanced and drop an 89 T5 into it at some point.

Sadly, I can't cross the border, but there's at least three of us owning II's who plan to make the Port Coquitlam (BC) car show this summer (June 22) Should be Tony (forgottenpony over at mustangii.net) with his Yellow King and/or his 77 Ghia (both SWEET II's!!!), Francis (TurboII) with probably his white/green 78 Cobra (coming from Alberta!), and myself with the King and possibly my 78 V8 Ghia (swimming pool edition) if its running by then.

I'm going to see if I can scare out afew more local II fans as well. Let me know if you want to join in.