Bought my next victim!!

GotMustangs

May 11, 2003
Tacoma, WA
After six months of driving a 3 cyl Geo, I finally bought a car tonight that deserves a little more respect. I am now the proud owner of a clean, 89,000 original mile 1992 LX 5.0 coupe 5-speed. Black with grey interior. Only mods being a K&N, Flowmasters, a 94-95 alternator, and a Motorsport clutch. I cannot believe that I actually found the exact car I have wanted since I discovered Mustangs five years ago. The AC even still blows cold and the interior looks new. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post some pictures. You guys can't believe how pumped I am. Now I just need some money to start modifying her. :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

GotMustangs said:
a clean, 89,000 original mile 1992 LX 5.0 coupe 5-speed. Black with grey interior. Only mods being a K&N, Flowmasters, a 94-95 alternator, and a Motorsport clutch.

That sounds like an absolutely awesome car!

Being a big fan (and owner) of a late fox coupe, I can say with authority that the modding will never be more tempting. At least you have the local classified now.

Are you into drag racing it at the track? I got mine into the 12s with a stock long block. You can too :)

If you don't mind me asking, approximately what did it cost you?

Visceral said:
That sounds like an absolutely awesome car!

Being a big fan (and owner) of a late fox coupe, I can say with authority that the modding will never be more tempting. At least you have the local classified now.

Are you into drag racing it at the track? I got mine into the 12s with a stock long block. You can too :)

If you don't mind me asking, approximately what did it cost you?

I feel I got a pretty good deal. I paid $**** for it. It needs tires, the posi rebuilt, and some suspension work. And yes, this car will definitely see the 1/4 mile eventually. I might even make it sometime this summer to get a few baseline runs in. This is my third Mustang. Hopefully, the temptation for more power won't stray me from building this car the right way. I want to start from the bottom and work my way up. First is suspension, chassis stiffening, brakes, rear end, then hopefully I'll work my way over to the engine, transmission, and possibly cosmetics (Cobra R hood, Cobra body kit, paint, etc.). We'll see. Tonight, I'm in the process of tearing off the stupid grey vinyl pinstripe ( :notnice: ), then hopefully I can wash her up and post pictures tomorrow.

GotMustangs said:
I feel I got a pretty good deal. I paid $4000 for it. It needs tires, the posi rebuilt, and some suspension work. And yes, this car will definitely see the 1/4 mile eventually. I might even make it sometime this summer to get a few baseline runs in. This is my third Mustang. Hopefully, the temptation for more power won't stray me from building this car the right way. I want to start from the bottom and work my way up. First is suspension, chassis stiffening, brakes, rear end, then hopefully I'll work my way over to the engine, transmission, and possibly cosmetics (Cobra R hood, Cobra body kit, paint, etc.). We'll see. Tonight, I'm in the process of tearing off the stupid grey vinyl pinstripe ( :notnice: ), then hopefully I can wash her up and post pictures tomorrow.

Jeff at AFP did the posi in mine with a "kit and a third", and it works great. (price was nice too!!!)
Max motorsport makes a nice suspention kit (thats whats on mine) HnR springs, tokikos, subframes, controll arms, etc...
For the brakes the 2300K (93cobraR) brakes are a good bang for the buck option, and they work really well. And you can install it yourself in the garage.

If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Dave-
:flag: :nice:

ddonaca351 said:
Jeff at AFP did the posi in mine with a "kit and a third", and it works great. (price was nice too!!!)
Max motorsport makes a nice suspention kit (thats whats on mine) HnR springs, tokikos, subframes, controll arms, etc...
For the brakes the 2300K (93cobraR) brakes are a good bang for the buck option, and they work really well. And you can install it yourself in the garage.

If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Dave-
:flag: :nice:

Thanks for the info. I am currently on my third Mustang and I have been researching parts for some time now. I think I want to go with all Maximum Motorsports suspension (coilovers, cage, subframes, torque arm, panhard bar, strut tower brace, C/C plates, control arms, etc.) I also had Jeff do the gears and the "kit and a third" in both of my previous Mustangs (3.73 in my '87 LX and 4.10 in my '01 GT). I'm going a different route this time. I already ordered a stock rebuild kit which I am going to install myself. I want to do the rear end correctly this time, meaning all at once (Auburn Pro, Strange axles, welded tubes, 3.55's, Trick Flow cover). For brakes, I think I want to go with Baer's "M-2300K Killer" kit, since it's actually a little cheaper, and possibly a better kit. Sadly enough, all of this will happen over the course of the next few years. I have big plans for this car, just not enough money to carry them out currently. My goal is to run 10's in a fully streetable car with AC and full interior. This is going to take a lot of power. I would like to do a Procharged 351-based stroker. I know, it sounds like I'm dreaming, which I probably am......for now. Just wait, it'll all be done, it just might take 10 years to do. :D Thanks a bunch, I do appreciate the ideas.

GotMustangs said:
Thanks for the info. I am currently on my third Mustang and I have been researching parts for some time now. I think I want to go with all Maximum Motorsports suspension (coilovers, cage, subframes, torque arm, panhard bar, strut tower brace, C/C plates, control arms, etc.) I also had Jeff do the gears and the "kit and a third" in both of my previous Mustangs (3.73 in my '87 LX and 4.10 in my '01 GT). I'm going a different route this time. I already ordered a stock rebuild kit which I am going to install myself. I want to do the rear end correctly this time, meaning all at once (Auburn Pro, Strange axles, welded tubes, 3.55's, Trick Flow cover). For brakes, I think I want to go with Baer's "M-2300K Killer" kit, since it's actually a little cheaper, and possibly a better kit. Sadly enough, all of this will happen over the course of the next few years. I have big plans for this car, just not enough money to carry them out currently. My goal is to run 10's in a fully streetable car with AC and full interior. This is going to take a lot of power. I would like to do a Procharged 351-based stroker. I know, it sounds like I'm dreaming, which I probably am......for now. Just wait, it'll all be done, it just might take 10 years to do. :D Thanks a bunch, I do appreciate the ideas.

The Baer kit is cheaper? Last time I looked Baer wanted like 1100 just for the front, have they come down in price?

Dave-

ddonaca351 said:
The Baer kit is cheaper? Last time I looked Baer wanted like 1100 just for the front, have they come down in price?

Dave-

http://www.baer.com/Media/ContentDetails.aspx?ContentID=106

The kit is $1815.00 plus the cost of SN95 spindles and hubs. I just checked Summit Racing, and they want $1900.00 for the M2300K. Sorry, not really cheaper, but they are very close in price.