bought myself a 4cyl ranger

slow88stang

Jun 20, 2003
St Albert AB
today i bought a 90 4banger 2wd 5spd ranger, its got nice chrome wheels low pro tires and the engine runs awsome. What are the specs on that year engine?? If i want to go a little faster what should i do? Keep in mind that i will be selling it back to the guy in 1 year for the same price and hes an older guy and wouldnt be interested in a race truck. He would be using it as a truck.

• Sponsors (?)

slow88stang said:
today i bought a 90 4banger 2wd 5spd ranger, its got nice chrome wheels low pro tires and the engine runs awsome. What are the specs on that year engine?? If i want to go a little faster what should i do? Keep in mind that i will be selling it back to the guy in 1 year for the same price and hes an older guy and wouldnt be interested in a race truck. He would be using it as a truck.

I would leave it stock unless throwing a turbo in there is an option. I had a 90 ranger. Fun to drive around the city, but on the highway it just had no top end. so it goes. Too bad it met its end before I stockpiled all the parts.

Check the tranny fluid. I know on mine it was low when I bought it. Read somewhere the 5-speeds for that year liked to leak out of the rubber plugs on top. just a thought....

Check out www.therangerstation.com Decent info. They lean more towards the 5.0 swap, but have 2.3T swap info, and misc. things here and there.