Box 1 of 6...son of a!

boston2k4

Jun 11, 2009
so my procharger kit is coming in slowly but surely, its killing me! Got some injectors woohoo now wheres the rest of it anyone got any info on the fuelpump set up and how to install this thing im hoping its a direct swap but i have read that you have to install a tee in the line (the Big Gulp straw looking one)

• Sponsors (?)

they are here boxes 2 thru 6 all inside 2 big a$$ boxes
im drooling and kind of spazing cant start the install till i get my 5.0 cooling though so i would say monday ish i will start and post pictures throughout the install if interested but for now Christmas in AUG

TOYS!
IMG_0075.jpg

big'un
IMG_0076.jpg

Lots of parts to this one i tell ya
IMG_0077.jpg

Rick @ Amazon doing the tune?? He tuned my 04 cobra. Best tune the car ever had.Rick knows his stuff that is for sure. Can't wait to see the install picks and dyno #s..

Yea i called and talked to rick my appointment is on wed at 10 in the morn so i gotta get up at 6 and trailer her all the way there. as for the punched baby scale it will be outta 5 so for future referance my longtube and mid pipe install was 3 punched childrens' because i still get a frame knock when i turn left those jba's are so damn close.

Ok so heres where i sit im almost done buttoning it up:nice:
but here are some of the issues i have run into, as to prepare anyone else out there for the headaches you will be getting.
1. i mean these radiator hoses on 2010 are waaay different then an 05 to 09 so the upper one needs to be customized in order not to collapse on its self.
2. the charger had to be "clocked" ALOT(spun to line up the output to my piping)
3. the lower hot side and cold side tubing is complete ass to run and not a fun chore.
4. fuel smells bad and the fact the panel is in your backseat makes matters worse, i didnt spill on my interior but man its ruthless.
5. 7 hours in and im almost done? i did a procharger on a chevy truck in 4? wtf
ok some pics of the mess as i left her tonight should fire her up tommorow then dyno on wed.

also i am rating each pic on a scale of 5 babies being punched 1 being not bad 5 being a PITA
fuel pump crap is a major 4 outta 5
IMG_0086.jpg

front bumper and grill...i was sleeping it was so easy 1 outta 5
IMG_0087.jpg

injectors get a 3 outta 5 not because htey are hard but because no matter how much fuel you think you depressurized they still flow like a stuck pig lay some towels over your coil packs
IMG_0088.jpg

intercooler charger and mount for charger 3 outta 5 get a buddy or you will F your hands up..note the charger pointing to the sky that was my 2nd attempt at spinngin that dang thing.
IMG_0090.jpg

tweaking all piping and hoses and F'ing everything to fit like it suppose to a 6 outta 5 i mean this crap was hard as heck to run....
IMG_0093-1.jpg

also was missing two clamps, a tee fitting for vaccum stuff, and a rubber 3 inch adapter for charger to hotside piping, craptastic instructions for 2010 models and a MAFia thingy with no way to mount it or secure it in place. shoulda went hellion maybe...disregard that last one im saving it for the fox.

tip for the dumb (aka me)
open your doors then disconnect the battery with them open it leaves the perfect gap in your window seals, if you ignore this warning you will rip your weatherstripping out and look like an a$$clown and be at ford spending big bucks on them things.

happy wrenching:nice:

Awsome dood! I'm sorry you have to work outside, that's a bitch! I'm down to a Saleen or Ebock SC. Did you really tear up your window rubber? So the driveway is littered with punched babies? Were you able to get a basic email tune to get you by till you get on the dyno?