Boxes got left on my doorstep and I tore apart my car (56k WARNING!)

at least you had room to work... i had 12" of space to install my PHB... and was alone... its a great mod, but am sure my UCAs are holding back ym rear end more then i thought. id get a trilink or torque on soon, trilink is on backorder till october or mine would be in. gotta love the MM gear.

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah torque arm goes in next season. No more money right now...and not much racing left this year and its a purely track-oriented mod so I'm not too worried about it right now hah. The car is half-way back together. Got the rear end mounted up and coilovers in. Now we just gotta tighten everything up and hookup the brake stuff and driveshaft. We are gonna wait to do the panhard bar until after the car is driveable - plus I wanna sorta see how good the handling is with just control arms and coilovers :)

Rear end looks friggin BADASS all painted and stuff hehehe... I will upload some more pics tomorrow or Monday when everything is done! :flag:

DropTopPony said:
DSCN3373.JPG

Are those Velcro shoes? :D
Look like Reebok classics. :D

BennyBlown2v said:
Yeah torque arm goes in next season. No more money right now...and not much racing left this year and its a purely track-oriented mod so I'm not too worried about it right now hah. The car is half-way back together. Got the rear end mounted up and coilovers in. Now we just gotta tighten everything up and hookup the brake stuff and driveshaft. We are gonna wait to do the panhard bar until after the car is driveable - plus I wanna sorta see how good the handling is with just control arms and coilovers :)

Rear end looks friggin BADASS all painted and stuff hehehe... I will upload some more pics tomorrow or Monday when everything is done! :flag:

Hope you have better luck with the CO's than I did. My spring rubbed the top of the threaded collar, and no matter what we did we couldn't get it to stop making noise.

I promptly yanked it out and went back to a standard setup, with no noises now to boot!

TweekedGT said:
Now you can call yourself 9 inch :D
Uhm....how?

hotmustang331 said:
:scratch: Thats not a 9 inch :shrug: . Hes close though..8.8 LOL.
LOL yeah

mity2 said:
what are you going to do with IRS?
I sold it, then sold the coilovers separately, made back about as much as I put into it originally :nice:

san~man said:
Hope you have better luck with the CO's than I did. My spring rubbed the top of the threaded collar, and no matter what we did we couldn't get it to stop making noise.

I promptly yanked it out and went back to a standard setup, with no noises now to boot!
Eh?? Were they maximum motorsports coilovers? I had the same setup with my IRS and had no problems, and these suckers look to have even more room than those! ...and I have them in the front already and love them, too :hail2:

I'm gonna go up to Moser in the Winter and have some 31 spline axles, diff, and 3.73 gears put in (yay for so many great local shops!). Maybe sooner if I hold off on the 03/04 cobra spoiler and some other stuff I need to by for my apartment. More pics coming tonight!!!! :cheers:

Okkkkkey dokey! After about 5hrs of work we got everything back together :) Big thanks to my friends Matt and of course Andy (zx3Focus)!

Pics:

Getting there -
DSCN3400.JPG

Halfway in -
DSCN3402.JPG

DSCN3403.JPG

Old icky rotors, i need new brembos sooner or later -
DSCN3404.JPG

My ricer side -
DSCN3405.JPG

Andy puting the battery back in -
DSCN3406.JPG

More installed -
DSCN3410.JPG

Everything but the brakes -
DSCN3412.JPG

DSCN3416.JPG

This sucker can sit! -
DSCN3422.JPG

DSCN3419.JPG

So yeah, basically that's it so far. The panhard bar will be going in next weekend, didn't do it now because I just wanted the car to be mobile (had it in my dads garage for quite a while now lol).

:drool: :drool:

You lucky bastard! :D haha

Let me know how the panhard bar feels after install, i'm looking into getting one of those along with some MM XL SFC's.

Oh yeah.. I put some MM LCA's on my car.. you're going to love them! :hail2:

03/04 Cobra spoiler?.. I can give you a great deal on one! I picked it up to put on my car, but stuff came up and I won't be able to put it on for a long time, so I decided to sell it. I sent you a PM, let me know what you think :nice:

ttt for no good reason ;)

Oh yeah, btw...on the test drive (which was short and sweet...very sweet...) idle'd it outa my dads neighborhood (very very upper-class place pretty lame actually) and while doing so some guy RUNS up from his back yard and screams at myself and zx3focus "THATS TOO LOUD QUIET DOWN!" LOL

It was like 6:30PM...still light out...and I was at near IDLE!!! Damn open headers I guess ;)

Open at the cat-back end of the X-pipe hehehe...it's an offroad X too :nice: I bought a borla catback (as seen on first page) but the idiot sent me one for a cobra (not as described) so I had to order another one (f'ing 0.5 grand loan from my dad UGH) while I wait for my return to go through...Should have that by the end of the week or beginning of the next. At which point I'll have the ride height set and SFC's in (tomorrow most likely) and get the panhard bar in (saturday).