Boy, am I glad I don't have a Viper! Partly.

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
So remember way back when I was telling you guys how my dad picked up a viper for 28k? Well it's almost out of the shop, he was getting it restored. Just a couple little things like hood alignment, stripes painted, etc. Now he bought exhaust, he's spending about 2500 on exhaust lol. I can't wait till I drive this thing though. He wants to put a supercharger on it later as well. (7k kit!) I'll post pics probably tomorrow I'm pretty sure thats when he is getting it. Oh, and im going to help him install the exhaust, that should be fun!

• Sponsors (?)

So today we had a lot of work to do. We bought the viper from a police auction so the entire car had been searched for drugs etc so looking at the radio everything looks like it was just plugged in .. not at the right spot but plugged in. They just slapped everything back together. I'm pretty sure the amp is busted though. Aside from that we also fixed his window motor, side mirror wiring, wipers, door trim, entire drivers door re-assembly, and fixing a rip in the console. I'll post pictures later tonight! I just wanna drive this thing!!!!!!! ><

After owning a Viper tranny in my mustang, I always said if i ever owned a viper, the first thing I would do is put some 4.30 gears in it. Personally that would be the next thing on my list. I remember getting a ride in a viper GTS with 450 hp and thinking, needs some gear :) Nice car's though. should be a fun project for you guys.

The viper forums guys were saying nobody rarely goes over 3.55's for a street car just because you lose traction so easily. Anyway heres a picture with my camera phone, but tomorrow i'll get some detailed pics up. Sorry the shiity quality.

viperstang.jpg

I used to work at a viper shop, the owner got his hands on a "totalled" gts $11k just needed a repaired hood, new wheel, new computer and a few parts here and there. All in all never spent more than $20k to get back to decent condition. Vipers definately are cool cars, parts definately cost more than for us though. The motors are simple as hell. Even two years later I could still practicaly remember the viper motor almost as well as a 5 now lol