BRAKE HELP NEEDED! BIG PROBLEMS!

Hey Guys,

My wife's manual drums finally bit the dust the other day. Unfortunately, it happened while she was driving. The brakes went totally out. Luckily, she remained calm and pony and more importantly my wife are unharmed. Now for the fun part...she said I want power disks on the front as soon as possible. No problem, a call to master power netted me a 66 front disk conversion with power booster. All of the wheel related items went on just fine and the problem turned out to be a busted hose on the drivers side. Now for the bigger problem...the power booster and MC will not fit. It is too long. I think that it has something to do with the funky bracket on the back. Even if I could manuver it into place, there is not any way to remove the master cyl cap with the shock tower brace in place. Has anyone out there used this set up? Can I take the bracket off, elongate the hole in the firewall, and bolt it directly to the firewall?? If so, would it bolt to the brake pedal? I really need some help here. I do not want to modify this booster if I need to return it. I have seen mixed reviews of the fox 2.3 swap. I am not against it but I need to know what to do. Some say that it is a direct bolt in. Others say you have to modify this and this and this. I have a shop working on it right now because I do not want the car to be down for 2 months while I work on it 5 minutes here and there. I have searched the postings until my eyes hurt. Also, this car is an auto so that frees up a little bit of precious space under the hood. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.:bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I'd call master power and see what they say, They sold you a conversion kit that's supposed to work so it should. (yeah right-sarcasm intended not toward you though)

There are kits available to work on a 66, NPD show 2 on page 46 of their 2006 catalog. They're not cheap however. Occasionally I've also seen them on Ebay for around $225.