Brake job write up front and back

• Sponsors (?)

I just recently upgraded my front brakes using the parts from a junkyard '98 Cobra (cost only $163). The parts list included the 13" rotors (stock ones are 10.8"), PBR dual-piston calipers, caliper brackets, bracket-to-spindle bolts, hoses, hose-to-caliper banjo bolts, and pads.

Cobra_brake_kit.jpg

This is an easy bolt-on upgrade and you'll love the result. You'll have more stopping power and a firmer pedal feel. Just look for a '94-'98 Cobra and scavenge the parts.
The rear brakes can be left stock since most of the braking force is required from the front brakes.

I just recently upgraded my front brakes using the parts from a junkyard '98 Cobra (cost only $163). The parts list included the 13" rotors (stock ones are 10.8"), PBR dual-piston calipers, caliper brackets, bracket-to-spindle bolts, hoses, hose-to-caliper banjo bolts, and pads.

Cobra_brake_kit.jpg

This is an easy bolt-on upgrade and you'll love the result. You'll have more stopping power and a firmer pedal feel. Just look for a '94-'98 Cobra and scavenge the parts.
The rear brakes can be left stock since most of the braking force is required from the front brakes.

cool but how due ya put them on?? lol

If you don't know how to do it yourself, better have the installation professionally done. This is one job you can't afford to screw up. It's not difficult to do though. If you have a Haynes or Chilton manual you can just follow the instructions.

An easy upgrade for the rear brakes would be to use the Cobra 11.6" vented rotors, pads, and caliper brackets (reuse your stock calipers and hoses since Cobra calipers are the same anyway). Then you could have all Cobra stuff on the front and rear.

Pick up a Chiltons or Haynes manual for your car from the local parts store. Read it through a couple of times, then go for it. Is this a DD, or can you leave it on jackstands for a couple of days? Post up questions as you run into problems. Not that hard of a job. Biggest challenge is compressing (or rather, screwing in) your rear pistons. It takes a special tool, that I can pretty much guarantee you don't own if you've never done rear discs before.

Take your time, clean everything well, grease the parts that get grease, and keep grease off the parts that don't. Clean up your pins (probably wouldn't hurt to replace them, it doesn't cost much). It really is an easy job.