brake light came on when i slammed on my brakes

jeffl9682

Sep 6, 2006
this only happened about 3 times since ive had the car. its an 04 gt with 21k on it. i was driving yesterday and had to slam on my brakes extremely hard cause some *****bag in front of me decided he wanted to turn left at the last second. anyways. i noticed the brake light come on for a split second then went out. First thing i did was pull over to just check the fluid and all the usual things. everything seemed ok. I kinda figured it was just from the harshness of the sudden braking. like all the fluid shifted to the front of the resevoir and tricked the sensor into thinking it was low.

jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Don't ride peoples butt and it won't happen

wow. very well educated answer, very thought out. i really appreciate your concern pal but if you dont have anything educated to say then i suggest you keep your immature comments to yourself. useless people are funny :lol:

its funny how when someone doesnt know the scenario they immediately respond with an immature solution. i guess i have to explain myself now.
this guy pulled into my lane from the right lane at the last second and then immediately slammed on his brakes to make a left. so there was no one in front of me until he decided at the last second that he had to jump across a lane of traffic to ltake that left. I hope that clarifies any misunderstandind pal.

also...thanks guys for the real solutions. i just checked the pads on my lift and they are only about 40% worn so im just not goin to worry about it. ill periodically check the pads for wear though.

jeff

also...thanks guys for the real solutions. i just checked the pads on my lift and they are only about 40% worn so im just not goin to worry about it. ill periodically check the pads for wear though.

jeff

couple things....did you check the rotor wear? also, did you check the rear brakes?

when mine got to doing it at almost every stop, all rotors were wore down to minimum spec and the pads were gone with them....happened at about 35k miles