Brake Line leaking, teflon tape?

So my cars up on stands, im about to bleed my brakes so i tell me freind to pump the brakes a couple times. I try to open the bleeder but its stuck. Then I see that its leaking from from the fitting behind the brake. I tighten it up real tight so its not leaking anymore. Then i go to the other side, its the same thing but 2x worse. I try to tighten it up all the way but it still leaks. I was wondering if i could just put some teflon tape around the threads and try again? ANy other ideas? Do i still have to bleed the brakes after this?

ps, any other ways to loosen that bleeder?

• Sponsors (?)

:shrug: I assume you're talking about the brake line itself where it connects to the wheel cylinder or caliper. The answer is NO. Teflon tape will not help. The brake system works off of a lot of pressure and tape is not ging to seal it. Pull the steel line out and look at it. Even if it looks ok there really isn't any where else it can leak from. If the flared end of the line is damaged you will need a new one. What is the reason for bleeding the brakes? Did you replace the wheel cylinders or calipers? Is it possible you cross threaded the fitting when you put it back together? These are some of the things you need to investigate and when it all said and done you will still need to bleed the brakes. Good luck. :nice:

Is the bleeder frozen and is it front or back. Regaurdless,The bleeders are usually made of a soft material. Take a hammer and lightly tap on the top of the bleeder. If you hit it too hard you will see the top of it start to mushroom. Than try working the bleeder back and forth a little at a time. Try some penetrating oil like wd 40 or the like.

Why didn't you just pull the 2 caliper bolts out and pull the unit intact when you did the springs??? Didn't you see that in that write-ups??? Oh well, live and learn... :D