Brake Pad Wear

stangstooge

Jun 10, 2005
Does anyone know what the stock brake pads on the 05 Mustang are made of? I have over 65000 miles on the stock pads and they look practically new, not even 50% wear, from mostly freeway driving. The Ford spec's show brake lining both front and back wheels are Akebono BP5142 and BP5016E, material NAO. I could not cross that in the Akebono website but when searched for 05 Mustang it did cross to ACT1081 and ACT1082 pads which are ceramic. Are OE or Motorcraft pads ceramic?

• Sponsors (?)

I can't answer that question, but I have another one. When the brake pads are getting low, does the brake warning light come on or are there noise makers in the pads to warn you? (2006 V6).

I dunno what the stock pads are made from, but I just replaced mine after 91k miles. My new ones are ceramic. The left-front wheel started making a metallic sound when braking, but the pads weren't completely gone yet, and no scratches showing on the rotor. I think it was a sensor. My rear pads were only worn about 50%.

The brake light does not come on when your pads wear down.

I dunno what the stock pads are made from, but I just replaced mine after 91k miles. My new ones are ceramic. The left-front wheel started making a metallic sound when braking, but the pads weren't completely gone yet, and no scratches showing on the rotor. I think it was a sensor. My rear pads were only worn about 50%.

The brake light does not come on when your pads wear down.

Mine are still going strong after 92,500 miles...

:nice: