Brake Pads: OEM or Aftermarket Ceramic?

Hawk HPS or OEM pads is all I have used on all my mustangs and my catfish. The Subaru still has the original pads at 65k. All have stock or brembo blank rotors as there is no real need for slotted/cross drilled stuff on a car that is daily driven or sees some light to moderate strip use unless it is for looks.

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with my the Hawks myself. I recently did a brake job and switched back from Hawk to OEM. Totally noticed a difference. Never again. The Hawks are way better in my opinion. As for dusting, should not matter if you are washing your car often enough.

I would go with my the Hawks myself. I recently did a brake job and switched back from Hawk to OEM. Totally noticed a difference. Never again. The Hawks are way better in my opinion. As for dusting, should not matter if you are washing your car often enough.

Yea, if I was still living at home or had a place of my own, washing it wouldn't be a problem. But I live in an apartment with no water spigot and I'm dang sure not about to go through a car wash. I come home once every few weeks, and I always wash it before I go back to school. But then I may go 3 or 4 weeks before I'm back home and get to wash it again. And it makes me mad when I wash it, then drive the 115 miles back to school only to get out of my car and see the rear wheels coated in brake dust. 'Tis just a little disheartening.

But all of this doesn't matter anyway. I bought the slotted/crossdrilled rotor and ceramic pads package from Brakemotive on Ebay (as per joshjwc9's recommendation). I got the rears completely done tonight, and should finish up the fronts pretty soon tomorrow. (I don't have the huge torx head bit to remove the caliper bolt on the front calipers, gonna get one first thing). The rotors look freaking awesome; way better than what I had on my car. I also repainted the calipers, caliper brackets, recoated the fenderwells with some black rubberized paint, and polished the inside of the wheels. Pictures will follow tomorrow when I'm done.

DEfinitely Akebono is one of the best on the market.I haveAkebono ACT787 ProACT. These pads are what you would call a high quality ceramic brake pad. They will outperform most ordinary semi-metallic brake pads and even approach the smoothness of high-performance ceramic pads when braking. That in itself is a big compliment to the quality of these brake pads. Akebono brake pads are made to be as good as OEM parts and you can buy them to fit on most European, Japanese and American domestic cars.