Brake Pads?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the SBS pads and love the way they stop, and they are quiet as well. Only problem I've found is they dust a lot (same pads as BMW's and Audi's run). Havent gotten them to fade yet under hard use, but I think I'll be looking for other pads once these are done.

I have the EBC "Greenstuff" pads with slotted/drilled rotors. They dust but not as bad as some others I have seen and they definately will bring you to a stop quickly... I purchased them from Tire Rack.

ASilver2001GT said:
I plan on running the Hawk Brake pads w/Brembo slotted rotors.

That's definately a nice combo. Make sure to spend the extra bucks by getting the 13" rotors (if you have the stock 11" GT rotors) and the steel braded brake lines. Of course, you'll need new calipers if you go 13" but it's well worth it.

KJ Hoppus said:
I have Hawk HP plus pads front and back, along with Slotted and Drilled Brembo Rotors. They give off a little more brake dust that ford pads, but i can feel the difference in stopping power. :nice:

I might be wrong but i think i read somewhere you re not suppose to use slotted rotor along with Hawks pads. Something about trapping heat into the slots??

But again, i might be wrong.

Ill check

speed545 said:
I might be wrong but i think i read somewhere you re not suppose to use slotted rotor along with Hawks pads. Something about trapping heat into the slots??

But again, i might be wrong.

Ill check

the info that came with the pads said that it was ok to run with stock rotors or aftermarket sloted and/or drilled rotors :shrug:

How cheap can you find drilled and slotted rotor and break pad? I know I"m going to need new rotor eventually and theres no point on replacing them with stock stuff. Is it easy to install?

Hawk HPS pads here, got them from PartShopper. They came in a Steeda box so the formulation of the pad material may be customized for Steeda. Much grippier than stock and less brake dust - I am delighted with these pads. (Also put a set on the wife's Focus and they made a HUGE difference in stopping power and reduced brake dust on that car).

I have the EBC Greenstuff Pads. The stopping power is 3 fold over the stock pads and brake dust is less (not a whole lot less but less). I am really impressed with them.

Problems encounter so far are the EBC pads keep causing hot spots on the stock rotors which are now warped. I have managed to convince Ford to replace them, so the new rotors will go on this weekend. If this cures the problem I would highly recommend the EBC pads. If problem still exist I might recommend another pad.